Dark Memory

You cannot cause pain to loved ones. The ending results will only want to make you hate yourself. When you ask others for advice, the only answer you'll ever get is to forgive. It's a process called grief and understanding. Many will not understand the process of forgiveness because of the attachment to that individual. It's a difficult method to comprehend because we are all emotional baggage.

Certain friendships are a lie. It brings joy in different parts depending on what mood. The further you go the deeper it feels. It misleads into different doors waiting to be open until there aren't any left to unlock.

It seems as if it was temporary. That having that person you lust after just fades away. You can only wait to find secrets hidden beneath the ground.

This is what ruins.

Aurora was holding her heart. Trenched in the sweat of tears and blood. The throbbing sensation only increased every time she looked up to see his beautiful pained face. Why was he the confused one! Severus couldn't have cared.

She couldn't understand him. Her mind ran circles and in the middle turned reality into imagination.

And it hurt most of all that he looked up at her in pity. Watching her like a fucking shard of glass. Like he almost understood the suffering.

He wanted to be hurt.

She'll gladly give it to him.

Aurora stood in front of him, shoving and punching his chest because it felt phenomenal. It sucks every anger you ever feel at the moment. With every hit, he bounced back every time. She couldn't tolerate the way his black eyes lustered in regret.

She pushed his neck, almost clawing at him. "Don't say things like that to me!" Her crying only escalated. This wasn't the annoying cry Severus was used to from young children or past funerals. This sob was a sign of help. "You don't care! You never will."

Her eyes glimpsed his. "Why did you have to kill her. She was innocent. You are a monster!"

Severus' throat closed. He concentrated on Aurora. Do not cry in front of her. You are a man. Be a fucking man. Can a man cry when it's in front of the person he loved most? Can he have this exception?

Aurora's bottom lips quivered, fisting her hands in front of his face as if she would punch him.

"Look. In. My. Mind." He answered back in such a sincere voice.

Looking into his mind would be terrifying. Only because there could be two possibilities. One, she'd be watching the one she loved to get killed. Two, the killer is the one she cherished. Therefore, she was stuck in the middle of this bizarre process. The look in Severus's eyes was making her cry even more. He looked sleepy. Before this, Jason's features were terrifying. He didn't feel anything, almost as if he saw the devil.

As Aurora put two and two together, her conclusion surprised her. This emotion of wanting to trust him! Dam him! It stings most of all to yearn to look in his mind. To uncover the truth. It was the hardest this to come across because she would be witnessing what happened. Did he ever show anyone else this part of him?

Was she the only one to ever get this close to him?

Aurora's wand brushed against the temple of his head, slower than usual. His hand, gripped her wrist to steady her. It was such a unique intimacy because no matter how much to despised him, the warmth never left.

His other hand grasped her elbow, holding her like she was a delicate flower.