Giving up on giving in

*Alex's POV*

Jack looked at me in horror, and then smiled. "I guess I got you drunk enough." He said sticking his tongue out before going to get some juice out of the fridge. I rolled my eyes and threw a banana at him. He raised his eyebrow and decided to eat his banana as sexual as possible. I shook my head silently as I started the coffee pot.

There was a knock on the door and I nearly sprinted to it just to break the awkwardness Jack had created with his banana eating. When I pulled the door open, shock and sadness registered on the man's face. My dad. "What are you doing here?" I said in a stern voice wanting to slam the door, but it was only the respectful thing to do, so I stood in the doorway.

"I want you to come home, your mom is gone, I'm sorry I never said anything or stopped her, but you can't hold it against me. She's not allowed to come home, I threw all of her stuff on the curb. Please, just come home." He begged, tears in his eyes. I would have felt bad and I would have done something, hug him or whatever, but the horror the came over him when Jack slipped his arms around my waist just fired up my anger. "What's your dad doing here?" Jack said as sweetly as possible and I looked at him. His warm brown eyes gleaming, his hair in all different directions, and the smile he always seemed to have now. It was so cute. "A-are you two...what is going on? What's happened since you left Alex?" My dad said in a raspy voice, like he'd just seen a ghost.

"Dad, I haven't changed, I've become who I am, without the judgement of you or mom, I'm living my life the way I want to, and I don't have to worry about what anyone things. I'm happy, why don't you fucking accept that and learn to sleep in the bed you made? I'm not coming 'home' because Jack's house is my home now. You helped make this mess, I'm not going to forget that. I really think you should go now, seeing as you obviously don't approve of my decisions." I said growing angrier and angrier. I grabbed Jack and wrapped my arm around his waist, and watch my father to see his stunned reaction. He turned on his heels and left without another word. I closed the door before breaking down in tears. I wanted that razor again, I wanted to feel numb, I wanted it to all go away. Jack pulled me into a hug and I buried my head into his shoulder. "It's never going to end is it?" I said muffled by Jack's shoulder. He was rubbing his hand in circles on my back, trying to calm me down, but I was just getting more worked up. "I don't want to do this anymore Jack, I want to give up." I said pulling Jack in tighter.

"You're not giving up, I'm not giving up on you, we're going to make it through this. I love you Alex, you're strong, think about all of the crap you've gone through, you've gotten through that right? You have me, you always will, we're leaving at the end of the year remember? You, me, Zack, Rian, and Matt. We're going to make it, you're going to make it, and give a big fuck you to everyone who hurt you. Please, Alex, for me. You've made it a week, don't relapse now." Jack said pressing his forehead to mine. He was right, but I still wanted to give up, I wasn't strong enough, I only got through that stuff with pain I inflicted as well, but this now? How was I supposed to get through it now? If anything, I knew one way I was going to get that pain, maybe worse. "Jack, w-we should have sex more often." I said softly, both attempting to make the conversation lighter, and honestly offering, it would both hurt, and feel amazing, so why not try sex for coping? My tears stopped and I looked at Jack for the first time in the last 20 minutes. He was looking for any reason I would say such a thing and I just bit my lip in response.