Too much us

(Alex POV)

"Jack shut up, it's not your body, you don't have to worry about it." i yelled as Jack examined the recent slash on my wrist. It really wasn't anything, I had cut it on a tree branch when I was helping Jack's dad cut down the tree in the backyard. It just pissed me off to no end that he thought I was cutting again. I've been clean for 3 weeks now. It's not fair to think I'd relapse. I get it, 3 months isn't very long, but it's forever to an addict. Granted, I'm not an addict in the way everyone thinks, but I'm sure I can understand everyone's pain. As my anger brewed, I stormed out of Jack's house to get some fresh air. I couldn't stand to look at anyone for a few hours.

My walked had ended at a small secluded part of the wooded park near Raider High. It was calm here, a place I could just breathe and think. I had ignored the texts and calls from Jack, it'd just be a bunch of apologies and "don't do anything stupid"'s. I knew it was dumb to be this mad about such a small thing, but I was and Jack couldn't understand that I need space before I said something stupid that I'd regret later. That kind of thing happens when I get angry, and then who do I have left? No one. After what seemed like the fifth text message, I called Jack back, to tell him I wasn't in danger and I just needed a few hours away from everybody. It took me to voicemail, so I just left a message. Did he fall off the Earth in five minutes? Seemed unlikely. He probably thought I was calling to yell at him.

---------------------------------------------

"Y-you're home." Jack muttered out as I walked in his bedroom door. It was 9 pm, I'd eaten dinner and spent my entire night walking around avoiding calls and awkward stares from strangers. Jack truly looked sad. His hair was in all different directions, his eyes were bloodshot and puffy, and he was shaking. If it weren't for what happened earlier, I would have hugged him, made him feel like everything was perfect, but everything is not perfect, and I was still really mad.

"Yeah, I'm kind of tired, and not really in the mood to ya know, talk or exchange pleasantries right now. It's been a rough day, I'll sleep on the couch and leave you to your bed." I said emphasizing 'your bed', not on purpose, but well I might as well let the chips fall where they may. I grabbed my pj pants and pillow before leaving the room. I found a blanket downstairs and stretched out on the couch.

"D-did you eat, I-I know your m-mad and I'll give you s-space if you want, but I-I love you and want to t-take care of you." Jack said peering his head around the staircase to look at me. Tears were welling up in his eyes and I really wanted to break down, and pull him close, but it'd be pointless now.

"Yeah I ate while I was out...b-but thanks for caring." I said coldly, but Jack would see it as a small step towards better. Maybe if I slept it off I wouldn't be pissed, but the thing I need for that would be sleep.

"G-goodnight Lex. I-I love you." He said before running back up the stairs. He didn't give me time to reply, or say it back, I think he was scared of the response he'd get. I loved Jack, I still do, and a fight won't change that.