Singing a Different Tune

(Alex's POV)

Jack was upstairs now, only because I convinced him he needed some sweatpants. I turned to the fridge and grabbed some pizza. I never understood why Jack put a fresh pizza in the fridge right away, but I enjoyed cold pizza myself, so I never complained. Why was he so worried about me anyway? I know him and I are basically brothers, but he is seriously worried about my cutting. It's not his wrist, he doesn't go through everything I do, so why the hell does he care?

"Alex, can you come up here?" Jack yelled down to the kitchen I was in. As I rushed up the stairs, I noticed Jack's bathroom door was closed. Odd. I went to his room before I realized he was in the bathroom, with the door closed. He never does that, even when he's at my house. Luckily, I have my own bathroom so I spare my mother of that sight, although I'm not sure why.

"you ok, Jack?" I said softly knocking on the door. Force of habit I guess. He didn't respond so I walked in, not sure what was wrong with him. The door swung open and he stood there, dressed, hair done, with a box of razors in his hand. If he was going to do something stupid, I sure as hell wasn't going to be a part of it. He stood there, still looking at me. He looked amazing, his hair done perfectly, those red skinny jeans I always loved, and a Jack Skeleton t-shirt that rested just above his guitar string designed belt. That box of razors though, was what had my attention. It stared me in the face, a hideous look, and I wanted to run. I gulped before speaking. "J-Jack, why do you have those?" I said in a whisper, it was more of a stutter but who cares? I couldn't help but feel nauseous.

"You're going to hop in the car, give me the keys, and dump these one by one out the window and throw the box afterwards. I hope by the end of it you'll have felt released of something...anything really." he said quietly yet firmly. I had no clue what to say and it came to me a few seconds later. Those were my razors that I had in my car, no wonder it took him so long. "Are those my razors Jack?" I said realizing I had been quiet for several minutes.

"Yes, and we're getting rid of them. Alex, I can't stand to see you like this, and I know you can buy more, but I'll know, and we'll have to go through this again, a waste of money if you ask me." He said less firm this time, and he seemed to really care. I reluctantly agreed as I ran downstairs to put my vans back on. They were really a pain in the ass. I threw my keys at Jack as he came down the stairs, and walked out the back door. This was a waste of razors, but Jack had some reason for doing this, and I might as well go for it. Maybe he was right, he did find this box, he'll be able to find another, and it's pointless to by them. The fucker had me trapped, and I'm pretty sure that's what he wanted.

"Give me the damn box." I said trying to sound cold, but I honestly hoped this would give me a good reason to quit. He slammed it down on the dashboard and gave me a disapproving look. I was tired of hurting him, he meant the world to me, and I wasn't going to lose him over this. As he pulled out of the driveway, I opened the box and waited until we were driving away, towards the harbor to drop them. One by one they hit the pavement, until all that was left was the box, I tossed it out the window, and something flooded over me. Power, I had power over myself, my life, and it felt nice for a change. A smile spread across my face.

"Someone feels better." Jack said as we pulled in to a parking lot. Damn, that took us longer than I thought. We had driven the whole way to inner harbor.

"Jack, I'm not dressed to go in public..." I said looking at my sweatpants. He just laughed and reached around to grab jeans and an MTV t-shirt. He had obviously prepared for this. "you want me to wear your clothes?" I said biting my lip, I loved wearing his clothes. They smelled like him, and I don't mean to brag but I looked damn hot in them. Wow, I accept I like him, and now I sound like those girls in movies, talking to their best friends about their crush. I must be pathetic, I'm not even talking to someone, it's just my thoughts.