Earth to Jack

(Jack's POV)

It's funny how someone doesn't notice the true beauty of a person's voice until they really listen to it. Not the lyrics, not the music, but their actual voice. I've always been so focused on playing music, or in any case, admiring Alex, to notice the amazing talent that boy has. What he was saying almost faded away, and it was a miracle that I could still play those chords.

It seemed sudden, the ending of the song. I wanted to tell them about the big possible record signing. I still couldn't formulate words, or at least I didn't think I could, but I said something along the lines of "we have something to tell you guys." The crowd broke my brain's calmness and I saw Alex standing there just looking at me. I must have been a sight, my mouth agape, staring right at him. Well shit, what had he said? I had been too far away in my land of Alex to hear him, but from the reactions from the crowd I had to make a guess.

"Yes you big romantic 7 year old." I said in a joking manner, trying to hide my previous embarrassment. The reaction from the crowd reassured me that I had in fact guessed correctly...maybe they'd be helpful on tests...

A body crashed into mine and I was almost knocked ass over teapot. It took me a minute to realize it was Alex, meaning to embrace me in a hug. I returned his hug, but I can't lift more than 10 pounds without breaking a sweat, so it was no where near the death grip he had on me.

"You better start singing before our set time is over." I said, not because I wanted to release our hug, but because we had only played one song. I kind of wanted to hear him sing again, his voice was perfection to my ears...

"....This next song is called 'This Girl's a Straight up Hustler'." and with that, I zoned back into my guitar.

---------------------------------------------

"Jaaaack" I heard a voice call from down the hall. I groaned as I turned to face the clock on my bedside table. It was 8 a-fucking-m in the morning. Without the possibility of falling back asleep, I drug my ass out of bed to find a naked Alex coming down the hall soaking wet.

"What the fuck dude?! There's this new invention it's called a towel, you should try it sometime." I said with my mouth wide open. I was in shock, definitely shocked, but I can't say it wasn't a nice view. I had never seen Alex...naked...He was still scarred and bruised but no less beautiful. Was beautiful even the right word to describe him? Who the hell really cares? It took him a moment before realizing exactly what had just happened. Luckily, my parents had left last night to visit friends in Pennsylvania.

"I...uhh...I didn't have a towel...and I was...uhh...calling for you...like for you...to like bring me a towel...and you didn't come so I thought you were still...uhh...asleep..." he finally managed to spit out and I could not help but laugh my ass off. I turned to go back into my room when a wet hand caught mine. "I think I can get the towel." he said with a smirk on his lips. He was thinking, that much was clear on his face. As I studied his expression, attempting to understand what emotion he was actually feeling, and hand was gently place on my back, pulling me closer to him until our lips met.

"Alex, you so just got my boxers soaking wet...wait no that sounds wrong...hell forget it." I said as I rested my arms on his shoulders. He was grinning like a fool. To my surprise, he released his grip first to put on some clothes. I made my way to the shower. Today was the day. I get a whole weekend with that boy, alone, at the beach. I just imagined all of the cute little things we could do. All of the walks on the beach, little camp fires, and cute boardwalk dates. It all just seemed so nice, what I've always wanted.

"C'mon Jack!! I want to see the sunset tonight!!" Alex yelled as I pulled my t-shirt over my head. He had already packed our bags, food, and was turning off the lights. I'm pretty sure he started that damn car...I stumbled around as I threw on my vans and walked out the door. We were beach bound and I couldn't wait. I slammed the car door shut and threw in my Blink 182 CD. "Now this is perfect car trip music!!" Alex said excitedly as we pulled out of the driveway. Sandy toes and salt water here we come!