Thanks for visiting hell!

(Alex's POV)

Did I just agree to runaway? Well hell I brought it up, I couldn't just back out of it. I was scared a bit...well a lot. What if we don't make it? Even if we don't it's better than my mom...better than life here. Now I had to figure out when I could go to get my stuff, late at night maybe? My mother wouldn't be home...not tonight anyway I think she has the late night shift at the hospital.

"You'll do it?!" Jack asked quite enthusiastically. I think he was trying to snap me out of the horrible thoughts I was having. I must have had some look...it must have been that look I get when I'm worried.

"of course! I'll have to get my stuff tonight...my mom works the late night shift, I'll go after we were supposed to leave school and pack everything." I said trying to twist my face into a smile. I wasn't scared...at least not for me. My dad...he'll be her new punching bag...no, he wasn't there for me, he knows what she does, maybe he'll believe me when she takes a swing at him. He's a man, he can handle his own damn life. I glanced at the clock. Fuck! If we leave now I might make it home on time. Not like anybody would be there to care. "Jack we have to leave, like now." I said getting up and dragging the lanky boy down the stairs and out to the car. As a climbed into the driver's seat, I noticed Jack still had my keys. "fork 'em over Barakat." I said sticking my hand out. He dangled them in front of my face and I grabbed them quickly. I basically rushed to Jack's house to drop him off and sooner than I wanted, pulled into my own drive way. There wasn't another car so my mother had obviously left for work. I turned the car off, and grabbed my backpack. Just to be safe I changed back into my sweatpants and t-shirt before exiting the car. Better safe than sorry right? I grabbed the door to notice it was unlocked. Odd. I entered anyway to find my mother, still home, and drinking. Fuuuck.

"Well hi there Alex!" she slurred as she made her way to me. I kicked off my shoes and attempted to scoot past her. Stupid mistake. "where the hell do you think you're going?" she asked in sudden anger. She stumbled towards me, and grabbed my arm so hard I was sure there'd be a hand print tomorrow morning.

"I-I was going to do my calculus homework." I said attempting to wriggle free to no avail. "P-please let go..." I begged my arm hurting badly as she gripped tighter. She drug me through the living room, and threw me on the floor. A force hit my ribs, sending me into the fire place, luckily there wasn't a fire going, just ashes that stirred all around me. She must have kicked me...and I think she broke my damn rib. "W-what did I do...?" I asked...well more like pleaded.

"EVERYTHING ALEXANDER!! It's your fucking fault your brother killed himself, your father's depressed, I'm a god damn drunk. Get out of my sight fag, I have work in an hour." and with that she smashed her empty beer bottle on my head. I pulled myself up off the floor and made my way to the bathroom. Sure enough, bruises were already forming, I was bleeding from where the bottle hit me, my face had ashes from where it stuck to my tears, and my rib was already swelling. I cleaned up my face, clearing the blood and bandaging my head. I wrapped my ribs tightly after feeling like I had popped the bones back together. I wasn't risking a hospital trip, she'd be there and if I told them what happened, she'd be fired and come after me, kill me for sure. And I'd rather her not have that satisfaction.

I packed my bags, careful to not leave anything I cherished behind. Other than the bloodstained clothes that would be impossible to get clean, photos of me and my parents when I was young, and my bed, I had everything packed. I heard the door slam shut, and watched satan leave hell. I waited 10 minutes, grabbing a bite to eat and a few movies to take with me. After it was obvious she wasn't coming back, I grabbed my bags, keys, and got in the car. As I pulled out of the driveway, I took one last look at the place I was leaving. On the outside, it seemed like a normal, healthy, fun-filled environment. I, however, knew differently, and with that I left, never looking back.