Be Mine Barakat

(Alex's POV)

"shut that damn alarm up!" I mumbled to Jack but it was so soft I doubt he heard it. Friday mornings after an entire week of sleeping in until noon sucked ass. I pulled the quilt down and threw my legs over the side of the bed.

"I thought you'd never wake up!" the voice startled me. It was Jack of course, walking back into the room, from what I guessed was a shower.

"Well that damn alarm doesn't help much." I said bitter about leaving the comfort of Jack's home. I hadn't been to the outside world in a week, and I didn't care to try. I'd have to face Lisa today...as Jack's...what the hell were we? We aren't together, but we've been acting like a couple ever since our trip to the harbor. I could have sworn the police man at the hospital said "I hope your boyfriend heals up well." did Jack tell him we were together? Or maybe he just assumed. Then of course, I have to replay the story of my stitches, and there's no way Jack is going to let me lie. I mean my mom is in jail and all. you can't really lie about that seeing as channel 7 news will cover every new arrest in detail. Basically, I think I'm fucked.

"well if you don't get your lazy ass moving we might as well forget about the show and beach this weekend." Jack said smiling. He knew that'd get me moving. With being at Jack's all day yesterday, I had time to pack for the beach, and I honestly thought it couldn't come soon enough. He threw a pair of my jeans and his Face to Face t-shirt.

"you...want me to wear your t-shirt?" I said questioningly. It was sweet, but what am I suppose to take it as? Am I supposed to just assume I'm his boyfriend...? This relationship is the most confusing I ever had.

"yeah...you look really hot when you wear my clothes...and I want everyone at school to like...know." he said quietly. I'm pretty sure he started to blush but he turned to pull out clothes for himself. I changed quickly, still ashamed of my bruises.

"Jack..." I started slowly, not sure where I was going with this, but I knew it wasn't going to go how I wanted it to in my head. He turned to face me and I thought he was about to cry. I walked over and grabbed him into a tight hug before I finished what I wanted to say. "I want everyone to know too. I want to be yours, only yours. I want to wear your clothes and hold hands in the halls, and kiss you when I want to, and have everyone say how cute we are. I want that Jack. I want you." I managed to say. I surprised myself. I'm not normally good with words. I felt him grin on my cheek.

"Alex, you're the cutest fucking person on this planet." he said before he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of his room, to the kitchen, and out the door. Jack was a terrible driver, so I had to beg him to let me drive. As we cruised through our neighborhood, a familiar face was walking on the side of the road, holding hands with...a freshman? Desperation really takes it's toll doesn't it? I laughed until we pulled into the parking lot, got out, and walked up to the school. My hand in Jack's the entire way.

"You two are so gay." I heard Rian say as I broke my hand from Jack's to open my locker. Before could turn around and officially begin my day, Jack grabbed me by the waist and kissed me. Fully and properly kissed me. It was impossible to break away, but I did to find a grinning Rian and another grinning Zack. "It took you two long enough." I heard Rian say through his beaming smile. How he kept his teeth so white I will never know.

"well you two knew, Jack knew, who else knew I was gay?!" I said seriously confused. How the hell am I the only one who didn't know this?

"Most of the guys were taking bets Alex." Zack chimed in and I couldn't help but laugh my ass off. Whatever, it's not like they'll treat me any differently if everyone and their mother knew. With that thought I spun around to find a shocked Lisa.

"You know you look stupid with your mouth hanging open like that." I said with a smirk. She immediately closed her mouth and then opened it again. She seemed to want to say something but then closed her mouth. After about 5 times of repeating this pattern she finally spoke.

"You left me for a guy...?" She seemed hurt, not mocking but genuinely hurt. I have to admit I felt a bit like a dick, but that's not what happened. Not at all. "what was I not enough for you?" she questioned me and she seemed on the verge of tears.

"No I didn't leave you for a guy, I left you because you were being an unfair, selfish bitch as usual. Don't blame this shit on Jack. Maybe you should find your little boyfriend, I'm sure he's hiding in the corner of some empty hall being a freshman and all." I said remembering the phone call we had that ended everything. I don't feel like a dick anymore, she deserved it. With that she burst into tears and left.

"I'm so glad you got rid of her, I mean she was seriously killing you dude." Rian said as he nudged my arm. The bell rang and we were obviously late. Who cares? It's Friday and none of our teachers took attendance, they just marked everyone present. I guess my thoughts were apparent on my face because Zack had the same idea that I did.

"Let's cut class today, we can use some more rehearsal time." and we then turned on our heels and left.