Apples and Burnt Sugar

Bakudeku
Omegaverse
Fantasy AU
How do I write literally anything else?
Uh, no boom boom, though

"Kacchan... I need to talk to you..."

Katsuki groaned, handing his steed to the squire. "That's never good," the Prince muttered in reaponse.

The greenette shifted, though, instead of his normal laugh to that response. "Privately..."

"If it's important enough to see me as soon as I return from a hunt, then just fucking spit it out, Deku."

Izuku pursed his lips, looking around. "Well..." Katsuki crossed his arms and looked the greenette up and down. The Omega hadn't been this nervous around him in a very long time. Izuku breathed deeply. "I have... I'm leaving..."

Katsuki raised brow, scowl deepening. "Leaving? Fuckin'- where? Why?"

"I found a mentor. I'm going to be an apprentice." The greenette attempt eye contact and a smile. Both were weak and wobbly.

"Okay..? Why do you need to leave? What the hell is this apprenticeship for?"

"Medicine..."

Katsuki snorted and laughed, head tilting back. "You don't have to fucking leave for that, dumbass! Besides, I thought we discussed this already. You weren't going to be taking an apprenticeship. There's still so much to go over if you're going to be my queen."

Izuku swallowed hard, fingers tugging at the hems of his sleeves. "Right... But... I think it... It would be helpful and useful... And... The mentor offering to take me in that knows advanced medicine... Is... He's traveling... So, I'll- I'll be going with him..."

The prince's jaw clenched, glare returning to the greenette. "What fucking game are you playing, Deku," he demanded lowly, not bothering to reign in his heightening pheromones.

Whimpering, the shorter shrunk back and tilted his head in submission. This isn't normal Deku behavior and Katsuki hates it.

"I-I'm not... I just- it's a skill that would be helpful- useful-"

"Then learn how to fucking use a sword."

"I can wield a sword!" Izuku retaliated, his familiar bite returning. However, it quickly disappeared. "I... I'm not asking you, Kacchan... I'm leaving at dawn tomorrow."

"Fucking- and you're just now telling me!?" Katsuki snapped and stepped closer. As he grabbed and yanked the Omega, Izuku flinched. Katsuki slowly released his hold, face falling as he caught a wiff of Izuku's distress in his usually sweet scent.

Izuku rubbed at his eyes before any tears could fall. "I just found out this morning... You left for your hunt yesterday... So... How exactly was I supposed to tell you sooner..?" His voice was meek. He almost sounded like he didn't want to go.

Katauki grit his teeth and looked away, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Fine. Fucking go for all I care. How long are you going to be gone?"

"I'm not sure," Izuku lowered his voice more, eyes squeezing shut as the Alpha growled.

"Then why fucking go!? I thought you were going to be my mate!? My Goddamn Queen!?"