Memories

Bakudeku
✌😗
In the future
Memory loss AU!
Uhm, NSFW is unlikely in this one my guys. But definitely still a lot of language

Katsuki's entire body rattled as he coughed into his elbow, smoke still thick in the air. His eyes stayed squinted, listening to his friends, coworkers and other volunteers as they shouted the names of those still unaccounted for in the rubble. He heard pebbles clatter on the concrete, beams groaning and creaking of broken metal signs.

This street is an abandoned war zone.

His radio clicked and scratched, startling him.

"Does anyone have eyes on Deku?"

Katsuki grabbed his radio quickly, pressing the button. "No one's fucking seen him!?" He didn't mean to shout. He didn't even know Izuku was missing yet. His heart lurched into his throat, stomach twisting.

"No, Dynamight. He hasn't checked in."

"Shit," he hissed between his teeth, letting the radio drop back onto his chest as he picked up his pace. "Deku!"

Last he saw him was the second before the explosion that ended everything. That shitheel better not need more than a day's visit to the hospital.

"Deku!?"

Ochako's voice nearly scared Katsuki out of his boots. He didn't realize he was so close to someone else. She rounded a boulder, nearly running into him. "Oh, Dynamight! Have you seen Deku?"

"If I had, the bitch would be draped over my shoulder being carried to a damn ambulance. Is he on my shoulder, cheeks?"

She scowled and huffed, turning away. "So rude. You could have just said no." The brunette folded her arms and walked again.

Katsuki rolled his eyes and followed.

"Have you talked to him yet?"

He shot the back of her head a glare. "No. Why would I? You weren't even supposed to know, you nosey bitch."

Ochako shot a look over her shoulder. "And you're lucky I'm merciful and hadn't told him myself, yet, seeing as I wasn't supposed to know, and he should hear it from you, asshole."

Katsuki scoffed loudly, kicking a pebble. He snickered as it hit the back of her calf, raising his hands as she whipped around, mouth open to shout.

Their radios crackling interrupted her.

"G-Guys..."

Both heros froze.

The line faltered before the voice spoke again. "What... happened..?"

Weak, rough and breathless. Izuku is in really rough shape. And he doesn't remember the fight. Not good.

Forgetting their quarrel, Ochako and Katsuki broke into a sprint, Katsuki ignoring the flaring pain in his ankle.

"Deku!" Ochako shouted into her radio, knuckles white in her grip. "Deku, where are you?"

"Ca- so dizzy- dark-" Izuku's voice slurred on the line, the crackling shutting off and turning back on. He's not cutting out, he's too weak to keep the button held down. Definitely not good.