Feeling

One-side Bakudeku
One-sided Kiribaku
Tododeku
Already know it'll be a sad one
Also common trope
So...

You know that feeling of being so completely undeserving? Or that feeling of being so entirely in love but terrified of confessing? Or even know the feeling of watching the person you love most happy with someone else?

Well, Katsuki only had the first two absolutely soul-crushing feelings before today. Now, standing across the training field, seeing the person he loves most with another, he's starting to feel the third as well.

Izuku grinned at Shouto Todoroki, the duel-quirk user smiling softer right back. Izuku was good for the younger boy, Katsuki could admit. Izuku encouraged Shouto and helped lift him up. Everyone in U.A. could see the strong bond the two had that seemed to only grow throughout their years in Hero School.

Still, Katsuki was entirely blind-sided as he watched the two connect their lips, oblivious to the eyes on them. No one else was watching, too wrapped up in their own training or on the other side of the wall. Shouto had leaned in, initiated the simple kiss and Katsuki wanted to scream. Though, he was frozen to his spot as he watched Izuku close his eyes and return the kiss, wrist twisting to better entwine their fingers.

Katsuki's mouth ran dry and he swore his heart halted in his chest. While he felt entirely undeserving of a chance of any romance between him and Izuku, given their past, all the terrible things he's said and done to the shorter, this still was too painful to watch.

"Yo, Bakugou!"

His attention was forced away from the two, inhaling deeply through his nose as he turned to face Eijirou Kirishima coming towards him.

"Hey, man. You okay? It was like you spaced for a second. Something happen?" Eijirou tilted his head, concern causing his brows to pinch together.

Yeah, probably what's going to kill him just happened. Still, Katsuki squared his shoulders and stomped passed his friend, gaze to the ground. "Piss off, I'm fine. Just need to blow shit up."

~

Eijirou was a constant in Katsuki's life, now. Much like Izuku. In a lot of ways, the redhead could easily be compared in his likeness to the greenette. Their outgoing, friendly personalities, constantly smiling despite the pressure they're under, always wanting to help and serve others. Their biggest difference, though... is that Katsuki has never told Eijirou to kill himself.

That is probably the biggest regret in Katsuki's life. He was so cruel to Izuku, and even worse to have had the gall to then fall in love with him in the coming years.

And he wants to ruin the happiness Izuku now has with Shouto, because it isn't with him. How dare he even think such terrible things? Izuku would only hate him for trying to take the happiness he made for himself.

Well, he doesn't want to ruin his happiness. He's genuinely happy himself that Izuku is so comfortable and happy and free to express himself without judgement. He just hates that it isn't with him. At least Shouto is kind to him. Shouto listens and spoils Izuku. At least he is nothing like his father.

Katsuki sort of wishes he was more like his own father. Maybe he wouldn't have hurt Izuku so terribly. Maybe Izuku would love him in return.