third-person pov

ten years ago...

   being tightly strapped into the seatbelt that was placed to the right of y/n, her father drove the trio family to the Todoroki's household. both their families were more of the wealthy kind, meaning their residences were stripped away from the local homes and apartments that lined up the corrupt streets of Japan. they were of a higher monarchy, meaning more power. more money. more greediness.

d/n was the number five top hero 'Kori', with the quirk of cold wind. his higher placement in the hero industry gave the L/n family more wealth; his job was what kept the family afloat.

with m/n on the other hand, she was a simple housewife. she took care of y/n, which the already capable child wasn't too keen when it came to her mother babying her and treating her as if she were useless and couldn't take care of herself.

rather, y/n took supervision of her mom more when it came to her mental issues, and boy did that pressure get to m/n. she suffers from constant tumors and headaches each and every day. m/n also deals with anxiety; the pain of seeing her own daughter being abused at home by her father didn't help at all. he wanted y/n to be number one, which she understood. it was just that--why treat her so brutally?

she felt like a slave to the system of this home we call earth. the laws and the way the compulsory methods go weren't always valid in her mind.

she hated each day that passed. the constant screaming and hatred-filled atmosphere swarmed her lungs with the disease depression.

m/n would rant to y/n the nights that d/n wasn't home; sure she loved him, still, she merely felt like he completely changed once their daughter was born. she thought that if y/n wasn't alive then none of this would happen. the notion of wanting an abortion when she was pregnant was strong. but she held her head up high, only, it still failed.

though, y/n listened and understood what she felt. the pressure in it all. nevertheless, y/n still seemed as if she didn't bother. "I'm sorry my face doesn't make you feel...safe or listened to. but this is just who I am--neutral. you can be as disappointed in yourself as much as you want for making me, just know that I still love you mother. even if you hate me. you're doing great."

m/n keeping her eyes on y/n through the rearview mirror during the ride, and simply seeing her emotionless face saddened her. why can't you just be...normal y/n? what did I do wrong as a mother for you to be like this? a robot. a tranquil robot is all you are.

y/n was dressed in more of a fancy attire that day compared to the standard clothing she would wear on a daily basis. her mother tied up her hair into two, removing the stray pieces from her (s/t) features with a few white hair clips for a clear view of her still, smooth skin. she was put into a nice and short yet mediocre dress, one a five-year-old child would have a fondness for. the complexion was of a pastel purple color, a light lace traveled around the hem and over the skirt. it appeared fluffy as if she wore a cloud.

although, y/n very much didn't like the attire. she would much rather wear a basic tee shirt and shorts. but it wasn't like she had a choice.

starring out the darkly tinted pane of the car, y/n peered along the seemingly neverending roads. the morning sun's rays beam through the glass, illuminating her face and making her eyes squint from the light. yet she held her head in its spot, dealing with the bright shine that extended her (e/c) irises, as the view outside the moving vehicle was beautiful in her eyes.

with the car finally driving into the Todoroki's home driveway, it came to a halt once it reached a good place to park.

y/n's dad began his useless speech, "we're mainly here for you y/n, so be on your best behavior. be kind and respectful. this family has much more power than we do." he exhaled and unbuckled his seatbelt, leaving m/n and y/n to themselves in the warm automobile.