Y/n pov

  taking the familiar path towards the Todoroki home, my stomach churned at the thought of training with such vial heroes. I've seen the news, the interviews, the way Endeavour treated his fans. it disgusted me to even be in his presence, though my father was the same. he held the same greediness, power, and mindset. I disliked that uncontrollably. 

tuning out the sound of my father lecturing me in the car, I did what I always did and starred out the window. the world's view was so pretty and helped me calm down from the mess that my life was. it was my safe place, outside. if only I could produce a single smile. I don't remember the last time I did that. sighing, I focused back on reality and listened to my father, turning my head to the front at staring at him through the front mirror. 

"I won't tolerate slack. I won't tolerate sass. and I won't tolerate stupidity. do you understand? we are working with the number two hero of all of Japan. don't expect me to go easier on you because we are in front of others. I might just go harder. your weak self better be sharp. I didn't raise a loser." his harsh tone barely sent shivers down my spine, I was used to this. he had no effect on me. I just did what he told me to do. if not, I'm positive that I would be dead by now.

"yes, father. I understand. thank you." 

he took his usual parking spot and stopped our black vehicle in a shaded area. 

I walked along the graveled path toward the large front door. my arms were behind my back and my hair was pushed back and out of my face; I thankfully wore more casual clothing that day. 

d/n knocked on the doorway, placing his hands on his sides and waiting patiently.

the door slightly opened, a taller girl peaked her eye through the agape wood. it shortly opened up to show a preteen girl I've never seen before; her hair was long and white with a few crimson streaks throughout. she wore glasses that perfectly fit her face structure, as well as a small smile on her face. "you must be the L/n's. my name is Fuyumi Todoroki. I'll go get my dad just now-" she quickly bowed and allowed us inside, scurrying to the right of the large corridor. 

sooner or later I could hear a few stomps coming down a flight of stairs. I saw Endeavour holding Todoroki's hand, the red-haired man held a scowl on his profile. Todoroki's eyes were puffy and red as if he was crying for ages the moment he looked up at me. his expression furrowed once he saw my tranquil face.

I exhaled with sadness, already knowing why he seemed the way he did. Endeavor must have done something terrible and he must not think I care.

"the L/n's, fond to see you two here. lest get started." Endeavor let go of his son's hand, Todoroki then running to stand next to me. he tightly held onto my palm, his quivering in the hold.

"Todoroki, what's wrong?" my monotone voice overthrew the concern I felt. 

"I'll tell you later. just...don't leave me okay?" 

I nodded with a bit of confusion as we traveled up the large wooden stairs to utter doom.

_

"What on earth do you think you're doing y/n!" my father scolded as my body collapsed to the floor, the already overbearing work taking a toll on me. 

"sorry." 

"you're such a nuisance! do I need to treat you the hard way, huh?!" 

my eyes slightly watered with what he threatened with. carving.
"n-no, I'll do better." I quickly stood at his attention, my expression still neutral, yet the streams of tears filled up my view.