ⅪⅠ

third-person pov

the U.A high school sports festival: where students from all grades and courses have the opportunity to showcase their abilities in different competitions in order to be scouted by and support agencies. it's one of the biggest opportunities U.A could give to their students; with the possibility of various pro hero's to search for a compatible student for their agency and give forth the vital and extremely useful information for the teen's desire to become a hero. everything that is to be performed at this festival could determine the student's future, as a lack of not only local admiration but approval of the top heroes could lower their performance.

the teens learn, and that's what helps them grow. this festival could essentially conclude their fate. and the students of class 1A were ready. because of the importance of this festival, the classmates could be torn apart, as this was an "every man for himself" presentation. they were to fight one another and others, despite their growing relationships among themselves. however, it was all going to be worth it in the end.

the class sat in their designated room, nervousness swarming the cold chamber. they were jittery and excited, every so often a leg bouncing up and down. they talked amongst themselves, only to keep the gut-wrenching feeling down and leveled. though, others were excited, ready to beat the absolute shit out of their peers to prove that they were the best. they were eager and they weren't scared to show or say it.

"just by the look of things, I think I'm stronger than you." the green-haired boy that he towered over began to shake, questioning what he was talking about. the air grew stiff, causing everyone's attention to look towards the two. Y/n looked as well, unamused at the boldness of her friend but slightly shocked at the sudden courage to speak out so randomly, hardiness in his voice at that. "I can tell, All Might has his eyes on you... but just know..." he didn't move his intense gaze, "I'm going to beat you."

"hey hey, no need to pick a fight!" Kirishima placed a hand on his shoulder, his face showing a want of peace. but like that was going to break the stern boys' promise. "we're not here to pick and be friends. take things more seriously." Todoroki scoffed, waving off his hand and walking over to the table where Y/n was situated.

"T-Todoroki!" Midoria lowered his head, but the loudness of his voice didn't weaver, "looking at it objectively, I know you can beat me--your more than capable of beating almost everyone in this class..." his hands began to shake, "but-- but I can't afford to lose or back down. so, I'll be going at it with everything I've got."

Shoto lifted a brow, his stoic expression sending a shiver down other's spines, "yeah."

Y/n huffed, "well then..." her quiet voice smoothly ran through everyone's ears, them perking up at the scarce sound, "I won't be holding back either, Todoroki." her brow quirked up with sarcasm, despite her true words; and her friends' eyes widened at the use of his last name from her of all people. "my parents never let me hold back, so why should I do it now?" her eyes scanned around her peers, low and heavy, "I hope none of you all does so either. I want a challenge... and I haven't had that in a long time." her words became quiet at the end; she shoved back her chair, standing up and stretching. Y/n cracked her fingers, playing with her quirk as the sound of a bell echoed through the room.

"oh? L/n openly being a badass? I like it." Jiro smirked, almost certain that her friend was going to make it far in this circumstance. and yes, the two were friends-- it being confirmed not too long ago. and it was one to last a long while.

_

they all stood where they wanted, gathered in a crowd of friends next to friends when the shrilling sound of Present Mic caught them off guard, "U.A SPORTS FESTIVALS' FIRST GAME: AN OBSTACLE COURSE! ALL STUDENTS WILL GO THROUGH VARIOUS HARD-CORE OBSTACLES IN ORDER TO GET TO THE END! READY? GO!"