y/n pov

a couple of years has passed since we first met. a couple of very arduous years to be frank. Todoroki and I had been through thick and thin ever since the very beginning. we've gone through the most hurtful trials and tribulations whether it had been emotional or completely physical.

we've changed so much since the start, though I wouldn't say in a positive way. it was as if we got entirely worse. displaying emotions was an undesirable action, at that point, we didn't want to show how we felt. there was no reason. we would just be turned down. neglected. ignored. it was a unique effort for us to just sit and express fully to each other.

"you're an absolute pest you know that Y/n?! you honestly can't do anything correctly!" my father brutally pushed me down with his foot, making me completely stumble back and fall onto the floor, helplessly. his teeth ground as he gazed down on my bruised and bandaged body, injuries built up and worsening from over the years. I simply starred at him, orbs full of nothingness, and left as an empty (e/c) void.

he jeered at my miserable state, "you god damn scum. don't look at me like that!" he shouted as he pulled out a black object from his pocket, its sharp and silver outline shining in my eyes. my heart rate quickened, scared to even move the moment he pulled out the knife.

warm tears began to fog up my sight, my hands quickly attempting to wipe them away, still, I was too slow. he roughly grabbed onto my arms, practically squeezing them till they were numb.

one. two. three. four. five. the cuts continued to spread along my skin, crimson streaks outlining its (s/t) surface. the feeling of them getting deeper and deeper conquered me as I yelped in pain. droplets of ruby landing on the darkly colored wood floor, leaving small puddles on its once clean exterior.

"Y/N!" Todorki choked out a sob as he watched me struggle in my father's grip, blood dripping down my limbs. Endeavor firmly held him back, studying me with his usual angered eyes, and not feeling even a pinch of pitty. "she must learn the consequences Shoto."

I wiped away the tears that wetly stained my face, the blood that trailed down my arms painted my cheeks with a dark red hue. sniffing up my tears, my father kicked me once more, a loud wince escaping my dry throat. "get the hell out of my sight Y/n!"

the approaching heterochromatic boy pulled me up with cold arms, helping my shaking legs move out the pandemonium of a room and down the stairs, the extra weight of us two creating a creak in each step.

he paced me into the kitchen, propping me up onto a near stool. stepping on his tippy toes, he reached up into a cabinet, pulling out a first aid kit to assist with my fresh wounds.

"I wish Fuyumi were here to assist me. father isolating me from my siblings was such an annoyance." Todoroki mumbled as he prepared an alcohol pad for my cuts.

"This will sting a bit."

I bit my lip as the wet cloth stung my injuries, my puls creating a sharp feeling in each one. I sighed with relief once he finished, applying cream and new bandages around my limbs.

"all new." he presented a soft smile and gave me a ready hug. "let's go outside hmm?" Todoroki swiftly grabbed a coiled bag that sat on the counter before stepping with me outside and to our usual spot.

~

we sat in silence, eating on a few unsatisfactory room-temperature rice balls and sipping cold crated milk.

"sorry."

"you had nothing to do with it, so why apologize?"

"I just...I just feel like I should. I couldn't help you and I feel shattered inside seeing you like that."