ⅩⅠⅠⅠ

(A.N: ^ this song just reminds me of this chapter. feel free to take a listen :) )

third-person pov

she could feel the engine running under seat her as the car drove through town and to her home. Y/n starred out the window, fatigued at the issue but couldn't help but query what her mother had done this time.

a droplet of water that landed on her window slightly startled her and carried her out of her thoughts-- the wonder if it was going to rain so randomly in the day removing her from her former questioning.

the grey clouds that covered the city before them answered her question as they drove deeper towards their destination. the darkening cloud was surely going to reach the rest of Musutafu by the end of the day and hopefully pour on everyone else's day as well as hers. because that wouldn't be fair if this weather was only to crash on her.

the world is really setting the mood for this hm?

"we're not too far from your home. please allow us to question you about as many things as needed when we get there. other police and investigators are there as well, so do comply-- just warning you just in case you're not good with situations like so." the police up front said, eyes not leaving the road but remaining as wary as before. the three others in the vehicle could hear the anguish in his voice; he was the first one to come face to face with her mother and what she had done, so his emotions went crooked.

what parent would do such a thing?-- he wondered-- and what for?

they pulled into the half-empty parking lot and parked close enough to the entrance in order to get inside as quickly as possible. the four scurried inside, passing through the lobby and excusing themselves from checking in as visitors. they headed into the elevator, Y/n pressing on the designated floor as they waited inside.

all that was heard was breathing.

sounds of gears grinding against each other.

and the soft sound of '40s elevator music coming off as underdeveloped based on the microphone use.

everyone's hearts were racing by now.

the quiet group stepped out and walked over to room #129. the inspector nodded, turning to knob to a home that was now destroyed by what one could-- undiagnosed-- call a psycho.

the furniture was flipped on its sides, legs were broken and or ripped from its original state. the walls were stabbed with plates and glass along with wooden sticks from the legs of dining chairs. the paint was ruined on the walls, scratched and destroyed-- a hole in the wall caused by an angered fist.

but nothing could be compared to Y/n's once tidy room.

she stepped inside, eyes not shutting once for moisture when she gazed a what was in front of her.

her bed was flipped over, cotton from inside ripped out of its cloth.

her clothes and shoes were cut up and torn to shreds.

her carpet was ripped from underneath.

and her blank walls were now stained with a few droplets of crimson.

cold yet warm crimson.

blood.

L/n's fingers trailed along the walls, leading to a note that settled crookedly on the painted surface.