Meeting New Friends

Nathalie walked with her down the long hallway, the two women hardly spoke, Marinette's mind was racing... She was about to meet the women she'd only heard rumours about. Could they be friends or would they hate her? Would they be grateful for her? Or resentful?

Nathalie cleared her throat, "Stay here, I'll go announce you." Right announcing you that was a thing. "Ladies, I would like to introduce you to a new member to the Harem, Marinette, Lady of the Ladybug." Marinette walked out to meet her new friends she hoped.

"Hello fellow ladies," She curtsied. 

"Meet the first "wife", Chloe Lady of the Bee." Chloe stood with her golden hair piled high and a simple elegant yellow dress. Marinette figured the girls must all be in their simple evening wear as they weren't dining with the Crown Prince. But Chloe's was still the most elaborate, it had a slip that should off her figure well, and shimmered as she moved. 

She looked at Marinette with a sharp eye, after a moment her face relaxed into a soft smile. "Hello Lady Marinette, I look forward to getting to know you better." 

"Meet his second "wife", Alya Lady of the Fox." Alya quickly ran and embraced Marinette. Her dress was the simplest of the bunch, it was a coral-coloured dress that was had a golden belt that highlighted her waist. Her hair was up in a proper bun with golden beads woven in her hair. 

"I am so grateful you here!" Her smile made Marinette feel safe.

"And finally meet Kagami Lady of the Dragon." Kagami smiled and bowed her head to Marinette. Her dress was the only full long sleeve dress, it was a light cream colour with beautiful embroidery all over. Her hair was short but still styled well. Marinette felt self-conscious about her hair being down.

Nathalie then left the women to talk while they waited for dinner.  "So what Noble family are you from and how did you get here? I don't recognize you." Chloe's question didn't seem mean, but Marinette didn't want to assume. She made a choice not to admit she was a pleasant girl.  

"The Dupain family. My grandfather is the backer that brings baked goods from outside the castle." 

"He disowned his son before we were born, didn't he?" Kagami raised her eyebrow.

"Yes. So I didn't grow up as a Noble but my grandfather and grandmother brought me into the Noble world enough to understand it. But I was offered a peace offering.  For some great offence. I didn't expect to come here, I thought I end up in the kitchen or with the seamstress." 

Alya looked at the new girl with sympathy, "Oh my, so you know very little about this life then." Marinette nodded. "Well I can't speak for these two but I'll help you. After all, we need someone to make that boy a king so we can be free to go with our lovers." 

The other two girls giggled. "Wait the rumours are true? You all have someone else in mind? And are you all friends?" Marinette was shocked. 

"Well, friends might be pushing it." Chloe smiled at the other girls. 

"Ya, we were forced together in a wing of a castle, we could be enemies or we could at least get along, but that has only been in the past year." Alya laughed. 

"So after my first year was up, we figured it wouldn't be long before another new "wife" come but then a year went by and we just got used to being together and keeping each other's secrets or fighting with Adrien sorry Prince Adrien for each other." Kagami smiled to the other girls, "Whoever is his current favourite tries to say him in ways that help us all."

"Tell me your stories?" Marinette asked as the food was brought to them, oh this was weird she didn't have people serve her ever. This was odd.

"Well, I'll go first since I am first in line." Marinette gathers that Chloe had the most pride out of the three. "Well, You know who Queen Emillie passed when Adrien was 15?" She nodded. "Well Lady Nathalie become the King's confidant in a few years and this did not go well in the court and my father who is the Kings voice in the court so since there were no peace treaties needed renewed so why not take a "wife" for his son from the court and since Adrien, Felix and I grew up together I was a logical choice from the court. So I was brought here to be Adrien's first "wife"." Her face fell as if she wanted to be his only.