Epilogue: He Passed for a Son

Nine Months passed, hidden deep within the castle Juleka gave birth to Marinette and Adrien's son. They called him Louis. He had blond hair and blue eyes. He would easily pass for their son, he would make a great King someday she knew it. Especially with those two as his parents. Rose held her hand the whole way through. Marc and Nathaniel were there two the four had become close friends. The court believed that Juleka had lost the baby she'd be carrying allowing her a few weeks away from work, that and Rose was more than able to handle Addie for a time. 

If Gabriel thought they were lying about the baby he never said anything. In fact when he held Louis in his arms the first time he cried. Thanking the gods for this grandson. The couple figure this meant he bought the lie. They agreed never to tell him, if he refused to admit what he'd done to Marinette then they refused to fill him in. He did, however, agree to support their choice to adopt children in the future. Promising to call them his grandchildren. 

***

Adrien watched his now 11-year-old daughter play with his 5-year-old son. Sure he has to wait longer than his father did to give up the rule but that didn't bother him at all. When Addie turned 16 he would explain everything. Why she wasn't the queen of her kingdom, why all her other siblings had been adopted. Louis would be a good King he could tell already, he would be a king like him one who would continue to change the ways of the kingdom. He and Marinette had adopted another daughter who was now three, they named her Emma. And about a month ago they had taken in a four-month son who they had named Hugo. He was only 34 and his wife was only 32 raising a family and ruling a kingdom was no easy feat but they could do it.

***

Marinette loved her children. All for of them, they were the most amazing kids. Their little court had accepted their adoptive children as true heirs, and the children were great friends. She saw the new changes that she knew would happen when they grew up. Addie would take those ideas to a new Kingdom. Marinette wasn't worried about the curse being passed to Addie, because Addie had been promised to a prince of another Kingdom, a kingdom that had different rules, even if Addie couldn't bear children, she would always be first wife and queen.  

21 years later

At the age of 55, Adrien passed his crown to his chosen son. Marinette handed her crown to her son's wife Brielle who held their newborn daughter in her arms. After all of the mess that Adirens early weddings had caused, they had waited till Louis was a bit older to search out a wife for him, they also let the couple wed right away as Louis had been quite taken with Brielle, who he'd met through several peace treaty talks, with a new Kingdom. They waited till they had a child to hand over the crown publicly. 

Addie and Leo stood nearby, Addie had several children dance around her celebrating their uncle's and aunt's coronation. She chose to keep the secret with her parents no one needed to know the truth about her real parentage, Adrien had been the best dad she could ask for and for her that was enough. 

Emma stood with her arm around her new husband, Ryan, he was Nino and Alya's youngest son. Due to his place in the birth order, he had no fancy title or role in court he was just a Lord, but to Emma, that didn't matter she loved him all the same. 

Hugo stood by his parents placing his hand on his mother's should as she handed off her crown. She placed her hand on top of his and gave him a grateful smile. His eyes slowly wandered over to Lily, Kim and Kagami's third child. She smiled up at him, he hopped by this time next year they would be celebrating his wedding to his best friend. 

***

As the new king ending his speech, Adrien took his lovely wife's hand and led her back to their spot. She sat on the ground and smelled the flowers. She smiled Adrien knew she would be glad to go and retire to the castle on a hill soon. This castle had not always been kind to her. But here in the garden where they first really met He smiled, "You know my Queen, royal Ladys don't sit on the ground to smell flowers." She looked up at him, as beautiful as the day he'd met her. 

"My King don't you know the ground is the only thrown I've ever know. Flowers the only jewels I'd ever wanted." She stood slowly and kissed him. They had truly been the ones to win in this game and they both knew it.