Love at First Sight?

Adrien walked back to his room and he couldn't stop smiling. His father had been right, she was amazing. Was this what love at first sight felt like? Could he really fall for someone that fast? Nino Lord of the Turtle, who was his chair protector, but would someday become his voice in court and Max Lord of Horse his main strategist meant him in his room to ran over travel plans before he went to breakfast with his father and cousin. "Who was that Lord Adrien? She is not a woman I recognize?" Lord Nino smiled knowingly. 

"Lord Nino she is Lord Adrien's newest "wife". She is the daughter of the disowned noble and grew up in the village, and is the princes best chance for an heir because she will not be a "wife" who is sought after like the others because she has no family ties." Lord Max smiled, "And I would say based on their interactions Prince Adrien has finally found a favourite." 

"Yes... Thank you, Lord Max." Adrien cringed He was grateful Max was the only one who was that aware. He'd be ruined if anyone else knew that his "wives" all had other partners. "He's right Lord Nino, she is my new "wife". 

"And you let her join into your private breakfast? Your other "wives" don't even know you get up that early, even Lady Kagami who would have the best chance of finding out. Even when they sleep in your room, you manage to keep them from finding out." Nino knew Adrien protected that time with everything he had. 

"I found her outside when I was out on my morning walk, she was used to getting up early. And my she is amazing..." Adrien rambled on for a few minutes until Max interrupted him. 

"My Prince, she sounds amazing and you can tell us all about her while we travel to the torment but we must talk about the plans now, or else you will be late for breakfast." Adrien blushed, something Nino and Max hardly saw. 

After plans were set in stone Adrien headed to his father's private dining room. He ran into Felix on his way there. "Dear Cousin, glad to see you are well-rested." Felix was always proper unless they were travelling. 

"Of Cousin! I feel like I am on a cloud! Father has found me the most perfect "wife"! I will do everything I can to make her my queen! She is perfect and amazing in every way! She dresses in the most simple elegant way! She is so smart, her wit is sharp, she is so kind, both unaware and yet always on guard." He had been talking so much that he hadn't noticed that they had walked into the dining room. 

"Boys." His father smiled, he wasn't mad he seemed to find this amusing. "Adrien, I take it your new "wife"  is to your liking?" 

"Oh, father! I am so grateful you found her!" Adrien smiled. 

The king was surprised at the things he heard, the girl his son described was not the quite self-conscious girl he had meant the previous night. Then again she had told him I know the importance of wit and reading people's intentions. And the importance of having some of great power in your corner. Maybe she had been hiding more of her cards with him. 

"Father?" The king was brought out of his thoughts. 

"Yes, my son?" 

"Well in talking with Lady Marinette this morning she told me she come willingly but she longed to see her parents and let them know she was okay, she doesn't trust her grandfather to send word." Adrien had seen her this morning? It was early? Had they already spent the night together? "And Father I wanted to give her the same grace my other "wives" were given, when they left their homes they knew they were going to be "married" they could talk with their mothers and be blessed by their father. She didn't get that, so while I am gone I would like you to make that happen, please? She asked to be close to the servant's quarters so her parents could see her so please make that happen." His sons smiled, in a way the king hadn't seen, maybe this girl would be the one to break the curse after all? Maybe his plan didn't need to happen after all.