Help Me Help You

Adrien and Marinette sat together for their early morning breakfast, this was their best-kept secret, no one knew they meant her other than Adrien's men who lived in his wing, and Marinette ladies in waiting. They had this meal every day, just the two of them, no matter where Adrien slept. He spent most of his nights with her in his arms, he still needed to give his other "wives" sometimes with him.  

"Adrien?" 

"Yes My Lady?" 

"I have a plan to start forming Alliance in court." She smiled waiting for him to ask her about it. 

"Oh do tell my princess." 

"I'll start with Lady Kagami. By training with her, and offering her the job of my chief protector." 

"Hmm, that is the best way to get her on our side. She'll like you learning to defend yourself, so do I honestly. And seeing as Lord Nino isn't going to be my chief protector when I become King, he's going to become my go-between in court, and my court spy. I should bring in Lord Kim to train with us." 

"You'll train with me?" 

"Of course the four of us should be a well-oiled fighting machine."

"Wait whose Kim?" 

"You know, you might actually know him, he was born in the village, his dad was in the army?"

"Oh Kim, yes we grew up together, when I was home I took food to his mom every day and would visit for a while." 

"When his father died, he tried to enlist in the army but he was too young. But Nino's dad is the army general and saw how desperate Kim was to help his mother, so at 13 he joined Nino as the Prince's bodyguard. Which really was being my friend and hanging out with me, and training with me.  They were always more experienced guards close by but Nino and Kim were there to get me out and guard my back and as we got they wouldn't have the older guards nearby.  But anyway when we were 15, just before Nino and Kim were gonna graduate to solo guard duty. We were heading to another Kingdom that needed fathers to help to bring some peace. Father was in his fancy royal carriage and I was in a much simpler carriage so no one knew I was there." 

"I take it someone found out?" 

"Not quite, someone thought I was that kingdoms prince, and jumped into my carriage sword drawn and Kim with lighting like reflexes jumped on him, got him out off the carriage, disarmed him and had him restrained before anyone other than me and Nino even noticed anything was wrong.  Father made him a Lord right then and there." 

"And that's why Kim's mom hasn't worked in years. And that's why she gives so much to the villagers."

"I didn't know that, but it would make sense. Kim lives a very simple life as a Lord." 

"He used to pay me to make his clothes for him rather than buying from the noble tailor. He would always buy me whatever fabric I wanted or needed at the time as a tip." 

"Wow..." 

"So why isn't he your chief protector now?" 

"Oh simple tradition, Nino is the army general's son, it would go to him first. But once I become King I can move things around. And Nino while is great at protecting me he is far better in court than anyone I know, so he will hold the same amount of power and Choles dad, and he will come on as my general if we go to war." 

"Oh, so we agree then? I should start with Kagami? And who knows maybe Kim and Kagami will find love." She giggled. 

"I doubt that, she thought I was to much as a goofball."