The Great Favour

Gabriel passed around his office again. The tournament had been last week, his son had done amazing, winning the right amount to be tasteful but not letting his guest go away empty-handed, the dinner and ball had been a high light for everyone. The kingdomes seemed to approve of Adrien's mock court even the members of his court seemed to like it and approve. But he was panicked, this was month six since Marinette's arrival, even if the court and villagers loved her, he would soon be getting overs for a fifth "wife". He would need to act soon. The Great Hunt was coming up at the end of the month it would be his best time to act. Adrien would be gone for ten days. 

His thoughts were interrupted by Nathalie bring Mariette in for their weekly tea. She was wearing a dress he designed, a simple pink gown (again think Belle) she made a point of doing this when she wanted to ask him something she thought he would say no to. After chatting for about an hour he finally cut to the chase. "Alright Marinette my dear, what do you want to ask me?"

"How did you know I wanted to ask something, Gabriel?" She had to admit it was still odd to call him Gabriel but it's what he had asked her to call him and who was she to tell the King no?

"The way you sit, how you fidget, the way you won't look at me for more than a moment and lastly, I designed that dress for you, and you always wear it when you have something big to ask of me." He smirked. 

"You read people too well." She blushed and rolled her eyes. She and the King were that close that he didn't even get mad at her for it. 

"Just you, my dear, so tell me what is it you want from me?"

"Well... my parents and I were talking and Adirens never been outside of the castle before, and seeing how starting this week the prince will need to abstain from sleeping with any of his "wives" for the great hunt, I was hoping that I could take him to spend the day in the village? Lord Kim and I have already thought it all out, I have made Him a set of clothes that would blend in, Kim could go visit his mother and drop me off to see my parents saying that a distant relative of my father has come to visit and wants to impress him by having him meet his daughter who is the Crowned Prince's favoured "wife". That would explain the sight of a man with too fine a fabric for the village. We would leave before the sun is high in the sky and come back it has set. No one would now, Nino and Felix would leave at the for a day of practice hunting with Felix dressed like Adrien, no one would be the wiser." 

"You really have thought of everything, haven't you? Have you told my son of this plan?" 

"No, I didn't want to get his hopes up, if you said no but please say yes!" She had her hands clasped together under her chin, her eyes begging him. 

"Who can say no to such a face? Alright but tell no one. Say that you are going with Adrien to hunt to watch him because you've never seen a great hunt and want to know what goes into it. Don't even tell him until you are on your way to the village understood?" 

"Oh Yes! My King thank you so much!" She hugged him something she'd never done before. 

As he sent a servant to get Kim, the only Gaurd who knew she met with the King he warned her, "Don't forget Lady Marinette every favour comes with one that must be given in return." 

She curtsied, "I remember my King. We will go this Saturday." She smiled brightly as she left. 

"A favour must always be paid," he muttered to himself. 

***

Saturday morning came and Marinette dressed herself in a simple blue dress with her hair tied back with a matching bow, (think Ariel) She then slipped into Adrien's room thanks to Nino's help and woke him up, "Adrien wake up."