🖤 Chapter 8 🖤

As Kayn stood there, looking at the corpses of the fallen guards, he smirked. This was what Noxus had against him? Pathetic...
As he turned he saw, yet another, pass by as he saw what he had done. Kayn now turned to him and dissappeared in the shadows, leaving the man shocked and scared.

The fear, that same fear, was Kayn's weapon.

Reappearing behind the man, from within his own shadow. He grabbed his throat as his grip was firm and tight. The man was looking at him with those terrified eyes as Kayn spoke to him.

"It paralyzes, does it not?.... The fear.."

Kayn looked at him the scoffed, knitting his eyebrows together as he  pressed his blade against the man's neck,saying in a quiet and dangerous voice.

"Run Noxian. Run and tell everyone what you saw here."

Kayn the roughly let go off him and pushed him down. The man quickly took off running, trying to get away from him.
But suddenly a blade pierced his stomach from the shadows, making him drop dead in his tracks.

Kayn narrowed his eyes as he saw the figure which appeared before his eyes.

"The vaunted strength of Noxus, hm? What irony."

The voice of Nakuri was heard as he gripped his katana as the two students locked eyes with eachother, glaring.

"I knew you were impetuous, Nakuri, But this? Following me just in hopes to share my glory?"

"Its a little more personal than that, brother."

Before anything could be said they could now hear the sound of a caravan, probably filled with soldiers, was approaching. Kayn grunted as he looked over to Nakuri.

" Get out of sight, I will deal with you later. If you survive... "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As they hid in the shadows, completely invisible to the gaurds approaching. Kayn listened as they were now Indeed very close to them.

"Stop!"

"Fan out!"

As the soldiers heard their commands, they were a little confused at first, but then doing as they were told, for there could be invaders or other dangers. And so, they fanned out, spreading around, looking for anything suspicious or anyone.

Kayn perfectly knew how to select his target and kill them, swiftly and with precision. But Nakuri, sadly, did not posses that patience and lept on the first soldier who went in his range.
As Nakuri was fighting oof with those other men, Kayn looked at their cargio, there he saw it... It was the ancient weapon he was required to get. It was covered in cloth as if to not damage or touch it.

As Kayn made his way to the soldier in the very front, he made sure to not get noticed as they were focused on the, right now, fighting Nakuri.
Just as he got in range, he plucked the man's own sword in his stomach as he  gave him a quick and swift death.
Turning around to take a look at the sythe again he was shocked to see that... it wasn't there...

Sweat dripped down his forehead as his anger started to slightly show, loosing his cool. He had come too far to fail so miserably. Kayn promised he shall not fail and that he will return with the weapon.

"Kayn, behind you!" - Said Nakuri as he cut down yet another soldier.

Kayn turned around, quickly, as he was met with another Noxian warrior. His eyes then spotted the red one on the weapon as the blade was swung his way. That eye was of a blood red color. It would look terrifying to a normal person, but Kayn was not easily scared.