🖤 Chapter 16 🖤

Bored, uninterested... you could use plenty of words to try and describe how (Y/N) felt. Nothing could. Nothing different ever happened since Kayn left for his mission. She was left very very lonely and pitiful at this moment.
Well, at least Nakuri was there to keep her company. And (L/N)!

(Y/N's) eyes then widen with excitement. There was it, she was going to go see (L/N) and play with it. She quickly got up from her bed and started to get ready to go out. Why she was quite more excited than usual was because those nightmares wouldn't go away, so it was a good change and a mood lifter.

Exiting through the door with a little mischievous smile she quietly sneaked from the back to the forest so no one sees her or questions her with stupid questions as where is she going.

The walk in the forest was quite soothing, she had to admit. Listening to all of the birds and different animals, even the wind was comforting. Only if Kayn was here.

After a little more walking she was deep enough to start searching for (L/N). It always hid deep into the woods, as if wanting to be found. (Y/N) knew it always was around this area since here was where it was getting fed, it would be only natural it would stay here. (Y/N) has marked even a tree just to be sure it was the right place, especially considering how much she forgets.
(Y/N) then calmly lifted up the small bag with treats and simply shook it around.
Surely enough the moment that the noice sounded through the area the fast rustling through the bushes was heard. A smirk appearing on her face.

"*meow!*"

"Oh, hi (L/N)! Want one? - she said as she shook the bag.

"*meow.*"

"Hehe, alright. Have it. "

(Y/N) then dumped the whole bag in front of it. The lizards eyes sparkled with excitement as it devoured everything as if it was nothing.

After a long time of playing and hugging the lizard (Y/N) had a big cuddle session with it. It made her heart calm. A sudden weight was placed on her eyelids, making them slowly began closing.

"You know what? *yawn* I could stay like this forever.. "

"*meow? *"

"Mhm...just like.... that.. "

As if on command, her eyelids fully closed. At the peaceful sound of the singing of birds and wind rustling through the trees, a soothing and calm feeling passed through her body... She was asleep...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A sharp noise suddenly snapped (Y/N) awake from her slumber. Worried she looked at (L/N) who, as well, was peacefully asleep. In the air was a smell she recognized well, the smell of smoke.

Something was burning...

"(L/N), wake up. Let's go. "

The lizard woke up and looked at her confused as it tilted it's head.
As they were about to start making their way back the sudden sound of a cry filled her ears. It was for sure a baby or a very very young child.