🖤 Chapter 12 🖤

A few weeks have passed since (Y/N) had to "get rid" of her precious little pet. Every single day, in the mornings, she came to feed her little companion and occasionally pet and play with it.
Today, again, was one of those days. Peacefully sitting together.

"Aww, you like belly rubs? "

*meow*

"God damn it, you are absolutely adorable. "

The longer she sat there the more her mind started to drift off. Thoughts flowed through her head. Memories of recent days came and she immediately thought of Kayn. Her heart quickened as she remembered it.

*Why do I have to feel this way?*

That was everything she could think of. Those thoughts infected her mind. She felt... different when it came to Kayn. Something awoken, changed, and made her think about him. She never knew why any of this was happening. That inner kindness he showed to her and only her made (Y/N) question herself and her feelings.

There was exactly the problem. Now... things were different for her and she didn't know why. And because it was changed, she had to act somehow. Those weeks that passed made her think a lot. And now she was almost sure she grew feeling towards this idiot.

"*sigh* I really screwed myself over, didn't I? " - (Y/N) mumbled to the lizard.

Of course, the lizard did not answered. The only thing it did was rub against her palm lovingly.

It made (Y/N) smile.

"Aww, come here you! "

Right after she said that she quickly picked it up and started hugging it and kissing it. It made her feel much joy she could still see her little friend.
She then remembered Kayn again. Why was he so stubborn about this lizard. (Y/N) knew that deep inside Kayn, too, had a soft spot for it. It made her pout a little. If only he wasn't so stubborn about everything.

After an hour or so (Y/N) decided it was time for her to head back since she didn't want to make Zed anymore mad. Especially with the extra bonuses they had been getting during training.
Maybe she could talk to Nakuri with it. She did trust her friend with almost everything, almost. Plus she really wanted some emotional support of some sorts, even opinion on what to do.

As she tried to get up she heard a meow of protest in the process, making her look down at the tiny creature. A little laugh escaped her as she softly spoke to it.

"Aww, (L/N). I will be back tomorrow, I promise. "

After a little bit of protest from (L/N) she finally was able to go back. And as she walked down the path.

_______________________________________

As Nakuri started to go back from the usual training he had to do he heard a very fermiliar voice call out to him.

"Nakuri! "

He turned around to be met with no other than his most favorite person in the entire order. That got his spirits a little up.

"Hm? Oh, hello (Y/N). "

"Hehe *huff* hi. "

Nakuri stared down at her as she began panting and inhaling the air. She looked so tired. As she kept trying to calm down her breathing she raised her hand as she now began to explain why she was even here.