🖤 Chapter 10 🖤

Darkness. That empty void where he could not see or feel anything. There was nothing. Just that sweet silent darkness some felt at rest. That was everything he could see...

Yet after a while... It shifted...

As he slowly opened his eyes, Nakuri took in his surroundings. The bright light coming from outside almost blinded him and almost made him wish he could just fall unconscious again.

He looked down and saw (Y/N's) "remarkable" sleeping face next to his bed. It made him give a low chuckle as he smiled. Seeing her face after all the things he had to put up with was a sight for sore eyes.

Memories came crashing back as he gave out a slight sigh. It was indeed a miracle he was even able to get to his previous state, let alone be alive right now. It still didn't help the insufferable headache he was getting.
But... It also made him smile. He was happy that he didn't die such a pathetic death. Part of him could already guess who helped him.

Nakuri looked at (Y/N's) sleeping face again and sighed :

"*sigh* Whatever will we do without you?"

Her eyes then slowly fluttered open at the sound of the familiar voice of her friend. A few sleepy groans escaped her as she tiredly rubbed her eyes. It didn't seem like she slept much.

"Good morning."

"*yawn*  Good morning Na-"

"NAKURI!"

(Y/N) immediately jumped up and hugged her best friend. Which did hurt a little but he let it slide.

"I thought you died! Do you know how worried I was?!I thought I would lose my best friend! You are such an idiot!"

"Hehe, I guess I should be thanking you then?"

"What happened back then, who did this to you?!"

Nakuri then recalled that same day. Although he didn't wish to anymore. Bad memories he now wishes to forget and bury.

"It doesn't matter."

"Exuse me, WHAT?!"

"I said  *it doesn't matter * "

"What do you mean?! "

"I mean what I said."

"Nakuri! Of course it matters! Are you even hearing yourself?"

"(Y/N)... I just want to forget it. It doesn't matter."

(Y/N) then gave out a loud sigh:

"*sigh*... Why are you men always like this?..."

"Hm?"

"Both you and Kayn will just not let me help you with anything. And never tell me the truth."

"Hey, hey, (Y/N) don't take it this personal. I'm sure if you knew it will only get worse."

"Thanks for the reassuring words. " - (Y/N) said sarcastically.

"You are more than welcome!"

Time passed by. (Y/N) and Nakuri talked about many things. Catching up on things he missed, some other details, even some of (Y/N's) nightmares. It was alot of talking to say the least.

"So how long was I out exactly?"

"Hmm, you were unconscious for a week at max but I'm pretty sure it was less."