🖤 Chapter 14 🖤

A new day arrived as the sun has now slowly began to rise, it's warm light painting the sky with many beautiful colors. Weeks have passed since any of these events passed. Kayn was in fact still new to the feeling of love or any sort of affection. Good thing (Y/N) was the one to teach him. He was indeed still very stubborn and doesn't show too much but (Y/N) didn't mind, thankfully. Both of their lives were way more interesting for sure ever since that happened.

Speaking of the two, in the middle of such a beautiful morning in the forest could be heard the sound of two voices, two very specific voices:

"Would you now tell me where are we going? "

"Hm? Oh, to see (L/N). "

"You never told me that?! "

"Because you wouldn't want to come. "

Kayn sighed. She was right about that. He really didn't like wasting his time, and this lizard was definitely not worth his time. In his mind there are plenty of other things way more important he could focus on.

"Hey, come on. You haven't seen (L/N) in so long. You won't believe how much it has grown! "

Kayn then laughed a little.

"It has not been that long, (Y/N) "

"A few weeks are enough Kayn! "

He smiled at her he just shrugged, letting (Y/N) lead the way.

The whole way, Kayn couldn't stop thinking about everything that has happened up until this point. Especially the fact that a person like (Y/N) would love someone like him, that is if it wasn't just temporary. He always was very suspicious about what she had told him but... she cried for him, him of all people. So that is why he now believes her "almost" fully when she says she loves him.
It's funny, because sometimes with how sweet she can be towards him makes him get lost and look like a total idiot.

Rhaast did not help either. Mocking him did not made it easier or less frustrating in any capacity. Every single nice moment they had would later in the day be ruined since Rhaast adores making fun of him and teasing him.

"We are here! "

Kayn rose his head and was now brought back to reality. Next thing he saw was how (Y/N) was looking around and calling to the lizard. As soon as she caught a glimpse of her little baby she knelt now and started petting it and picking it up.

"Aww, look at how much you've grown! So cute and strong. "

"It looks the same to me. "

"That's because you don't see it almost ever. And yes it is way bigger and way stronger than before, aren't you?~"

As soon as the lizard noticed Kayn it immediately started running towards him.

"*giggle* Look who is excited to see you~"

Kayn looked down at the creature as it immediately started aggressively rubbing against his leg.

"I can see that... "

"Oh, come on! Don't be so cold, pick it up! "

Kayn sighed as he picked up the ever so familiar reptile. The moment Kayn picked it up he was surprised to see it was way heavier than before.
Not a second later it suddenly started rubbing in his face. Oh, and let us not forget the licking. (Y/N) was right, as it appeared this lizard truly missed Kayn...and he now even less...

"Aww, look how much it has missed you! "

Kayn immediately put the creature down in discuss as he said: