24; the one where everyone leaves | pt 1

The next 2 parts are mostly flashbacks

The next 2 parts are mostly flashbacks. But I think it turned out pretty emotional and nice.

Delilah entered the apartment with Jack and Rachel as she pushed the baby cart.

"I did it." Jack talked, "I joined the peace corps." He walked over to the kitchen's counter.

"Are you serious?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah, I'm a gonna sit in a hut and eat mud." He talked sarcastically as Delilah sat on the sofa holding the baby. "It's a plan, all right?" He continued, "my stepdad thinks he's gonna teach me a lesson?" He paused, "No, no, I'm gonna teach him a lesson." He explained.

"Cory," Topanga entered the apartment, "I've been doing some thinking about New York." She walked over to him.

"Oh yeah?" He pused, "I'm gonna do some thinking, too. Let me tell you what we're gonna do--"

"This is where our friends are," Topanga interrupted him, "this is where we grew up. This is where we should stay. I'm gonna turn down the internship." She smiled.

"What?" Delilah asked.

"I'm gonna do whatever you want." Cory smiled. "I mean I was really looking forward to going but if you don't want to go," he walked to the door.

"I think we should stay here, " Topanga turned to him, "I'll see you at home?"

"Where we live." Cory smiled.

"Bye baby." Topanga leaned and smiled at the baby, who was sleeping.

"Yes!" Cory shouted, "We're not moving to New York Shawnie! Nothing's gonna change!" He shouted in excitement.

"You know she didn't mean a word she just said, right?", Shawn asked.

"I know it!" Cory kept smiling, "But for now, will you please join me in fooling myself?" He started dancing and after a few seconds, Shawn joined him.

•••

Delilah sat in the Matthews' kitchen table feeding little Eric with Jack and Rachel.

"Guys, I wanna tell you something." Rachel talked and they listened, "I joined the peace corps."

"You joined the peace corps?" Jack stood up, "But I thought you were gonna travel around the world." Jack talked.

"I will," she smiled, "right after I've done some good in it." She explained.

"I'm happy for you." Delilah smiled at her and then, Cory, Topanga, Shawn and Eric walked inside the kitchen from the living room with their luggage.

"Okay, that's about everything." Cory put his suitcase down.

"I can't believe we're actually doing this." Topanga talked.

"I feel like this is the right move for me," Eric put his arm around her, "New York City. Nobody knows me there, I can be anybody I wanna be." He smiled rubbing the girl's arm.