25; the one where everyone leaves | pt 2

Two episodes left

Two episodes left.

The group walked into the airport. Delilah was giving them a ride, and then she would go back to the apartment, where she would be living with Jack until they found somewhere better.

"So," Cory looked at Delilah, "I know you never really liked me but--"

Delilah interrupted him by hugging him.

"I'm going to miss you, kid."

°°°

Topanga sat with Delilah on one of Chubbie's tall tables observing Shawn and Gary, when suddenly Gary called for a waitress and Cory stepped out of the kitchen "dressed as a woman" too.

The girls stared t him in confusion.

"What on earth?" Delilah asked. "Nevermind." She decided not to ask.

°°°

"You've been in love for seventeen years, and suddenly, a girl appears and you have a similar feeling to the one you had when you met Topanga." She started, "You doubt, and think that maybe, you haven't met enough girls." She paused and looked at him. "You're confused, and you need to figure out your feelings, but while you do so," she took a deep breath before finishing the sentence.

"What? While I do so what?" Cory asked.

"Stay away from Topanga."

°°°
"Aren't you going to say anything?" Topanga looked at her sister.

"No." She answered, "You know what I think."

"Why do you hate me?" Cory asked.

"I don't hate you Cory." she answered, "I don't." She looked at him. "But I've never seen Topanga as heartbroken as she was when you broke up." She looked at her sister, "I can't let that go so easily."

°°°
"I know I told you to stay away from her, but" she paused, "you make her happy Cory." She said making him smile. "Yes, you broke her, but somehow, you're the only one who can fix that." Delilah explained. "And I give you my blessing."

°°°

Cory exited the room with a sad face.

"Hey, it's everything ok?"

"No, it's not." The boy stared at her. "He doesn't care about getting into college!"