3; the one where Tommy gets adopted

"I need you to come back, please

"I need you to come back, please."

Eric's words resonated inside the girl's head. He was broken, she knew it. Apparently, Tommy wanted to be adopted, and Eric was conflicted. He wanted to do something, but didn't know what to do.

"You're leaving again, aren't you?"

Delilah looked up at Rita, her roommate, who had heard the whole conversation from her desk.

"What's up with those friends of yours?"  She asked, "They seem to have a strong emotional dependence on you, girl." She joked and Delilah sighed.

Delilah wasn't stupid. Her friends could live without her, period. However, she couldn't live without them. They called her to keep her updated, that was it. On the other hand, she always took those opportunities to go back. She was the one emotionally dependent.

"Yeah, I guess." She sat on her bed and looked at the picture she had on her nightstand.

It was a picture they took on Christmas Eve, when she was dating Jack. She missed them. She missed everything about them. Jack was the least important thing at the moment. She cared about them all, equally. She missed hanging out with Topanga and Angela. She missed giving advice to Shawn. She missed Eric's crazy ideas. She even missed fighting with Cory.

She missed Jack. Of course she did. How could she not? She missed staying up late talking about nonsense. She missed making out in the living room to mess with Eric and Shawn. She missed going on his so sweet dates that were last-minute planned but still magical. She missed him. But he was gone. It was all gone.

"So what? Do you want me to search for flights?" Rita asked, snapping her out of her daydream and she smiled at her.

"I would really appreciate that."

•••

That same afternoon, Delilah found herself taking a taxi to the Matthews', hoping to find someone there.

She knocked and Amy opened the door almost immediately.

"Delilah?" She asked in surprise, "Oh my god! Come here, dear!" She hugged her and the girl held her close, enjoying her motherly personality towards her.

"How come you're here?" Alan asked as he stood up from the couch to hug her, too.

"Eric called," Delilah started explaining as she took her coat off and placed it on the back of the couch, "he sounded stressed, so I came."