The Branch Demon

You had killed at least four demons by this time, but you didn't like the context of this mission.

You got to a town of few people. It seemed like everyone knew each other, and you feared what was happening in this town. You listened carefully to try and get an insight of what was happening in the town.

"What do you think is happening to them?"

"I don't dare to think about it."

"I'm sure someone will be able to do something."

You shook your head and decided to go down to the town to ask someone directly. "Excuse me, sir?" He looked at you. "Hello there." You smiled. "Sorry if this is a sensitive subject, but do you think you could tell me about what is going on in this town?"

The man sighed. "Come with me." He led you to his house and sat you down. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Yuri Haruto." You bowed your head. "Pleased to meet you. My name is Y/N. So what is going on in this town?"

"Well, in the past week, three boys have gone missing. All of them went down the same trail into the woods, and never came back." You nodded. "Where would this trail be?" "There's only one trail leading from our town to the forest."

"Is there anything about these three boys that you can tell me?" Haruto thought for a moment. "Well, all three boys were the strongest in their families, but they were also all delivery boys, selling different items." You hummed. "Anything about their physical features?"

"All three boys were black haired and dark eyed, like most people in our town. Two of them had short hair, while the other always had his hair in a bun. All three had some sort of wound... according to their mothers."

"And their age?"

"They were all in their twenties as far as I'm concerned."

"Are any of them married?"

"No."

"Would it be creepy to ask about their blood type?"

"Whether or not I thought so, I don't know their blood types."

"And where they live?"

"All live far from the forest, practically on the other side."

You stood up and bowed. "Thank you." You left and roamed the streets, letting your eyes travel from person to person. Then, your eyes stopped on a boy with average muscles, dark eyes and hair, and he had his arm bandaged.

"Excuse me!" He turned to you. "Good evening." "May I ask, how old are you?" He looked rather shocked at the question. "T-twenty four, why?" You smiled a bit. "I'm sorry if this seems invasive, but may I see your home?"

"Why?" You sighed. "You know the boys disappearing? I'm here to help with that." The boy's eyes widened a bit and he led you to his home. As he was leading you, you noticed the sounds of the forest getting further and further away from you.

"Okay, that's all I needed to know." He glanced at you, rather confused. "Also, I don't recommend going out tonight. I can make those deliveries for you." His eyes widened. "How did you-" "It's a hunch." You dug into your pocket and pulled out a few coins. "Here, this is your pay."

He handed you what he was supposed to deliver and you went off. Once you got to the forest, it was already dark out and most of the house's lights were off. You shut your eyes and listened carefully.

At first, all you heard was the steady breathing of sleeping civilians but then you heard something from deep within the forest. A female voice, but with much malice behind it. She seemed to be... waiting for someone.