Restore

Inosuke ran up to you. "What's going on?"

You pursed your lips. I can handle this, I can handle this You kept saying to yourself. You didn't necessarily believe it, but you sure did want to.

"Wait, Inosuke!"

He ran passed you, but then hesitated. You knew it: neither him nor you could do it. "Tanjiro, no!" You ran over and pulled Inosuke out of the way, just as Nezuko appeared and wrapped her arms around Tanjiro.

"Onii-chan, I'm so sorry..." She said. "I put so much on your shoulders. Why is it always the kind ones that suffer? Why is it always you?"

You took a shaky breath and looked over at Inosuke, still shaking.

"It's frustrating, but don't give in! It's almost over, so don't turn into a demon." Nezuko paused for a moment. "Let's go... home."

Tanjiro screeched and dug his nails into Nezuko's back. "Nezuko!!"

Blood Demon Art: Restore

You tried healing Nezuko over and over while Zenitsu and Inosuke tried to pull Tanjiro off. Dang it.. why did this have to happen... and to you?

Tanjiro screeched once more and the ground shook, the foundation cracking. "Kakushi, get the wounded and the bystanders away!" You ordered.

The dust cleared, revealing the horrifying form Tanjiro took on, with Nezuko still holding onto him. You wanted to create a dome, or a shield, or something along those lines, but you needed to get everyone out of here first.

You furrowed your brow. Wait, he isn't... killing Nezuko. "Gi-chan, wait!" You yelled, a pillar appearing in front of him. You ran over. "Tanjiro's not killing Nezuko... he's... he's still in there! We need to turn him back somehow!"

You looked around, trying to find something. Anything. Then, you stopped, hearing the familiar swish of Miss Tamayo's medicine. "Kanao!"

Running over, you nearly bumped into her as you held her hands. "The drug! Miss Tamayo's drug!" Kanao looked at her belt and shook the small vile. "There's still a little left!"

You held out your hand and she looked at it. "Are you sure...? It's dangerous."

"Which is exactly why I want to take it. If you get hurt, you have a higher chance of dying. Please, Kanao."

She gave you the drug. "Be careful. Please." You nodded and looked over at Tanjiro, and ran over to him, injecting it into his side. "Please come back to us, Tanjiro!"

Nezuko quietly gasped. "Y/N!"

Blood Demon Art: Restore

Nezuko's wound on her arm closed up and you waited there, one hand on your knee, and the other hand on the ground. Please Tanjiro.

I want to go back Tanjiro thought. He wanted to go back home, be with Nezuko, be with... you.

Muzan hovered over him, as if he were trying to persuade him. "Take hold of this opportunity of everlasting life."

I want to die as a human.

"...You are scum."

You saw Tanjiro's conflicting eyes, his demon form not even flickering, and had one last idea fly into your brain. You ran over, just behind Nezuko, and put your hands on his temples.

Blood Demon Art: Restore - Consciousness

Your hands began to glow a purple hue, similar to wisteria flowers.

"Only use this when there's no other option." Miss Tamayo said to you. "It must be passed through blood, and can be deadly to demons. Emphasis on 'can be'. Only use it after using every other drug." You looked over at Shinobu and she nodded. "Okay. I will."

In the last bit of desperation, you put that poison in your blood and gave it to Tanjiro through your Blood Demon Art. Essentially, you're supposed to be human to use this, but there was no other way.

"No, Y/N!!" Giyuu yelled, Kanao looking over and her face going pale. "No, I told her to be careful!"

Your sclera turned black for a moment, along with the veins crawling down your cheeks, but then they turned to a lavender and began going down your neck.

"Y/N, stop!" Giyuu ran over to you, but when he put his hands on your shoulders, you were completely stiff. You weren't planning on moving until you saw Tanjiro in his human form. And you wouldn't.

Even with Tanjiro's whips on his back scratching at you, you didn't move, or even stumble.

You sensed Muzan's presence in his thoughts. You needed to fend him off, somehow.

You stepped back, facing the ground and panting.

"Y/N?" Giyuu questioned after a few moments of silence. "Tanjiro... check on.. him."

Everyone gathered around Tanjiro, but you noticed something shiny amongst the pebbles. You walked over to it and picked it up, seeing that it was the little hair piece that Miss Tamayo always had on.

"Y-Yushiro..."

He looked up at you as you walked into the shade and held out your hand, motioning for him to give you his.

Yushiro placed the back of his hand over yours and you put Miss Tamayo's hairpiece in it. "Y/N... where did you— Whoa!"

You fell over, your skin burning as if you were in the sun for too long. "Dammit, someone get a demon slayer over here!!"

Giyuu's head shot up and he ran over to the area. "Y-Y/N!!"

Tanjiro's ears perked up and he sat up straight. "What's happening?" Kanao quickly got up and ran over to where she heard the voice.

"...SOMEONE GET A DOCTOR, QUICK!!"