Hakuji-san?

"I'm glad Kyoujiro died that night. He probably wouldn't be able to get stronger. He also had a dumb world view about wanting to stay human."

Those words rang through your ears. "Say that again."

"Huh?"

"I said SAY THAT AGAIN!!" You were ready to cut him apart, but then, he swatted the empty air as if someone were there. You and Tanjiro looked at each other, then back at Akaza.

"You are really unpleasant." Akaza said with deathly eyes. 

Out of pure fury, Akaza charged towards the two of you and you quickly moved out of the way, but Tanjiro wasn't fast enough. "Tanjiro!!" 

You ran towards him, as Akaza did, and you turned around, your sword unsheathed. 

Flame Breathing, Third Form: Blazing Universe

"Such speed..." Akaza whispered. "You remind me of Kyoujiro." He kicked up, but then you ducked and cut off his leg, but his attack grazed your cheek. 

Tanjiro then shot up, and used a move from Dance of the Fire God, his blade digging into Akaza's neck.

"Hah! That's a fun technique!" Akaza healed his neck. "It looks like the blade reached me after I completely dodged it!"

Your ear twitched and you looked around. Soft breathing. It echoed through your ear. It was too soft to be a human, but to loud to be some lingering bug. Possibly a crow. It's not cawing out the announcement of death, so you assumed it was a letter.

Flame Breathing, First Form: Unknowing Fire

Both you and Tanjiro attacked Akaza from the front and back, but he managed to dodge a majority of attacks. 

Suddenly, he caught Tanjiro's blade in his palm.

Flame Breathing, Seventh Form: Raging Sun

You cut off Akaza's arms and he let go of Tanjiro's sword. Where's Gi-chan...? "Thank you..." Tanjiro barely whispered. 

Water Breathing, Third Form: Flowing Dance

You maneuvered your way towards Akaza and sliced him multiple times. "Come on, Kyoujiro never used moves like that on me!" Akaza playfully whined. 

"Well, I bet he didn't use this on you either."

You moved out of the way and Giyuu abruptly emerged from behind you, slicing at Akaza's arm. 

"I'm angry now. I have a searing pain in my back thanks to you, Upper Moon Three."

He looked at you and motioned his head, as if to say "Come on." 

Both you and Giyuu fought against Akaza, his demon mark appearing on his left cheek. Tanjiro was staring at the two of you, as if he were analyzing. 

Then he jumped up, his blade lit with fire. Before it could hit Akaza's neck, he gripped the blade with his fingers. "Your flank's open Tanjiro!"

Akaza tried punching his stomach, but Tanjiro moved out of the way and Giyuu sliced at Akaza's chest. 

The three of you, while Akaza was outnumbered, none of you could properly cut his neck. Tanjiro was blasted back, and then you had moved back to dodge. 

Akaza got uncomfortably close to Giyuu's face and grinned. "Looks like you've used all your attacks. That's enough... This ends now." He lifted his hand and broke Giyuu's blade, making your face grow pale.

"Farewell."

"Nii-chan!!" You accidentally let that slip out, but that didn't matter; both you and Tanjiro sped over, Tanjiro cutting his hand off and you grabbing Giyuu's haori and pulling him away.