The Upper Moons

You stared at the demon. He was the one that did this, and manipulated those people into thinking that he was going to help them. Disgusting.

"Don't thoughtlessly trample your way into people's dreams!" Tanjiro said as he pulled out his sword. The demon's eyes glanced at Tanjiro's ears, and you remembered what the Temari demon said...

"Hanafuda earrings..."

They were after Tanjiro. You stayed in place as Tanjiro ran forward, using the tenth Water Breathing technique. But something was off about this train... it sounded different compared to the times you went on the train before.

You kept hearing the word "Sleep" ringing through your ears, but you kept on stabbing yourself when you'd fall asleep. But... that didn't mean the dreams didn't affect you. Hearing your family, your brother, your friends, the Hashira, and Tanjiro saying those things to you.

"Are you even doing anything?"

"What do you have that made you survive?"

"You're pathetic."

"I would never care for someone like you."

They still hurt. But there was no time for that now. You noticed that Tanjiro had already beheaded the demon and its head rolled towards you. Looking down at his face, you crossed your arms.

"Cutting off your head... that won't do anything, will it?"

The demon grinned. "Smart girl." A demented body began growing from his neck, elevating his detached head. "Somehow, I feel like your very existence makes me twitch in anger."

You stepped off the roof of the train and jumped in through the window. "Nezuko, wake up Inosuke and Zenitsu." She nodded and you both ran towards the seats the boys were sitting in.

"Inosuke. Inosuke!" He jolted awake and immediately held up his swords. "Not at me, at THAT!" He glanced at the other people sleeping on the train and looked at you. "Yes, the train is a challenger."

He lifted his swords and slashed at the growing skin surrounding the passengers. "Worship me for I will save you all!" You sighed. Turning to Nezuko, she was held by the train, and struggling.

But you didn't do anything. Instead, it was Zenitsu. Well, sleeping Zenitsu. "I will always protect you, Nezuko-chan." You shook Rengoku's shoulder. "Reng-chan. Reng-chan!"

His eyes opened slowly. "Reng-chan, wake up!" His eyes turned wide as he widely grinned. "It seems like things took a turn while I was having a nap." You nodded and the two of you went to the car in front.

"Tanjiro!" Tanjiro looked at the both of you and smiled, in half relief. "Rengoku-san! You're awake!" He nodded. "I manage to land some very minor slashes before I came here and I think the demons will take some time to regenerate."

You hummed in agreement. "We probably don't have much time, so I'll say this to you quick: This train has eight cars, with you protecting this car, and Zenitsu and Nezuko protecting the three behind. Reng-chan and I will take the back 5, while Zenitsu and Nezuko protect the other three."

Rengoku explained the rest. "You and boar head boy will go for the demon's neck while watching out for the front three cars." "Neck?! But now the demon's-" You got really close to Tanjiro's face. "Every demon has a neck. You just have to find it!"

And with that, you and Rengoku seemingly disappeared. As you sped through the cars, you heard your footsteps getting different each time your foot made contact to the ground.

"Reng-chan, I think the train has... bones." He glanced at you as you held your sword up.

Water Breathing, First Form: Water Surface Slash