A Talk at Lunch

You grinned at Kozume. "So," You took a deep breath.

"ObanaiMitsuriShinazugawaTanjiroZenitsuInosukeTomiokaKanaoAoiSumiNahoKiyoSenjuroShinjuroUrokodakiNezukoUzuiSumaMakioHinatsuruHaganezukaHimejimaMurataGotoHotaruKozuKotetsuTecchin and Y/N."

You paused. "Wait... I'm Y/N..."

The rest of them looked at you like you just said some sort of spell while you tapped your chin.

"Oh, by the way, I'd recommend calling Tecchin-sama a bit more formerly! That's all."

Tanjiro chuckled a bit. "Nice to see you again... Kozume, right?"

Kozume nodded. "Um, yes, that's right. You seem to make friends quite easily, Y/N."

You nodded while patting the area next to you. "There's still a few more people coming, however, I didn't quite expect them to... do you want me to bring a fork for you?"

He shook his head. "I've gotten a bit better at chopsticks." He looked around the table and got close to your ear. "Also, wasn't there that one demon slayer that was with you when you visited my village?"

You tensed for a moment and whispered back, "He's... not here anymore."

Kozume's face fell and he nodded. "Right..."

"By the way," Tanjiro began. "How's the tuberculosis?"

You hid a smile, looking down at the grooves of the wood on the table. "I'm sure he's fine now... I heard they're working on a vaccination."

"Ooh, really? Hopefully they'll find a cure soon, too."

With your eyes on Tanjiro, you winked, and he smiled, and you motioned towards the groove on the table that looked like a face, and he giggled, and—

"OI, QUIT WITH THE TELEPATHIC CONVERSATION!!" Shinazugawa yelled.

Kanao giggled. "I think it's quite cute."

Your face got hot and you slouched in your seat. "I don't know what you're talking about."

While most knew that Tanjiro had a crush on you, only, and literally only, Kanao knew that you had a crush on Tanjiro. An actual crush. Not simply getting flustered.

You were scared to tell Giyuu, Shinazugawa, and Obanai for obvious reasons. You never felt the need to tell anyone else. Although, you were pretty sure Gyomei knew.

"Oyakata-sama should be coming soon, as well as his sisters... I tried making the foods that you guys like, but I've never eaten with them..."

Aoi scoffed. "Y/N, the fact that you refused to let anyone help and cooked for everyone is sure to be enough for Oyakata-sama."

You buried your head in your arms. "But I'm no where near as good at cooking as you..."

"You didn't let me help!!"

There was a faint footstep at the gate and you immediately ran to see who it was.

"The last time she seemed this nervous was when she first cooked for Sabito and I..." Giyuu muttered to himself, although he earned few curious glances.

"Hey, uh, Okayata-sa— Did I just say Okayata?" You covered your face in embarrassment and hid behind the gate while Kiriya, Kuina, and Kanata stood in the gateway, giggling quietly.

Mitsuri hid her smile in Obanai's shoulder. "She's so cute."

You stood up straight. "Good after—" You looked up at the sky. "Yeah, good afternoon Oyakata-sama, Kuina-sama, Kanata-sama. You're looking great today!"