The Flame Hashira

"YOU'RE AN UTTER AIRHEAD! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO CALL SOMEONE!"

Tanjiro had just woken up, and one of the Kakushi, Gotou, had found him and Kanao mingling. Of course, anyone would freak out if someone who has been unconscious for two month suddenly awoke and no one was told.

"KIYO-CHAN, SUMI-CHAN, NAHO-CHAN!! AOI-CHAN, Y/N-CHAN!! TANJIRO'S AWAKE NOW!"

You looked up from your book, Aoi next to your bed. "I'll handle it, don't worry." She assured, getting up from the stool next to your bed. You nodded, half-heartedly, and looked out the window.

Still with a blanket over her head, Aoi ran towards the hospital wing. You looked down at the clothes you were helping fold and saw that you had barely done any. You hadn't done much since you were brought here, actually.

The door was still opened, and you were able to see quite the sight out in the hall. It was Inosuke.... scurrying across the ceiling towards Tanjiro's room.

He scurried along the ceiling and out of your vision. It didn't take a supernatural ability to hear the loud scream that came from the hospital wing, though.

With Tanjiro, everyone was quite concerned for his health, seeing as he was the last to wake up. "What about Y/N?" He asked.

"Ah..."

"Um..."

Tanjiro furrowed his brows. "Is something wrong with her?"

Aoi swayed her head from side to side in a 'kind of' manner. "She woke up the day after the incident, since the real reason she passed out was because of Iguro-sama, and not injuries. But she's not like herself."

Inosuke crossed his arms. "Yeah, I've only been awake for a week and it's so obvious! She shakes when she helps fold clothes, she can't walk four steps without toppling over, and she barely says anything!"

Kiyo looked down. "We're really worried about her. She's always so happy and bubbly, and quick to help out wherever! Right, Kanao-san?" Kanao nodded with a frown.

Tanjiro sighed and turned his head. "Hopefully she'll get better soon." His eyes slowly closed and everyone quieted down.

About a week later, there was a knock at your door, and it creaked open. "Hey Y/N." It was Tanjiro.

You definitely did not look like your normal self. You had dark circles under your eyes, your hands were shaking, you looked somewhat thinner, and you didn't immediately greet him.

He looked down at what was in your lap and saw a small notebook with messy letters. "So your hands are shaky like Inosuke said." You nodded. "S-sorry I wasn't there when you woke up..."

Tanjiro shook his head and sat down next to your bed. "It's okay. I've heard that you're not doing too well lately. Does Tomioka-san know?" You nodded. "He... visited a few weeks ago."

"If you don't mind me asking, what.. happened back there?"

Your eyes widened as you remembered that night. Those two siblings, what they went through, and that sharp pain in your chest that you felt while you were witnessing it. And not only that, but those words...

"A-ah, it... it was nothing." Tanjiro looked at you with worry in his eyes, but he decided not to ask more.

"I'll be starting rehabilitation... do you want to do it with me?"

His eyes seemed so... comforting. You felt obliged to say yes and the two of you started the next day.

Aoi held you by the arm as you looked at your feet.