Tanjiro's Trial

You were fighting some rather low level demons when you heard flapping in the distance. "What's a crow doing here?" You sliced off the last demons head as the crow landed on a branch nearby. It had a letter in its beak... which was odd.

"It's the middle of the night..." You muttered as you were given the letter. But once you opened it, you noticed something immediately... this isn't Tanjiro's handwriting.

Dear Y/N,
This may seem sudden, but I ask for you to come to the Demon Slayer headquarters. Something has occurred that I believe you would want to know about. It's about Tanjiro.
From Giyuu

Your eyes widened and you put your sword back in your scabbard. "What did he do now?"

Meanwhile...

"Hey. Hey! Wake up!"

Tanjiro's eyes flickered open at the noise at the noise, but then widened. "Bummer. I heard he was a Demon Slayer with a demon, so I was looking forward to seeing someone flamboyant, but that's one drab looking guy." A boy, with a rather strange looking exterior, said.

Tanjiro slightly lifted his head, "Who are these peo-" but was roughly interrupted by the Kakushi next to him pushing his head to the ground. "Don't speak yet! Do you even know who's in front of you? It's the Hashiras!"

Shinobu, a name Tanjiro was well familiar with, began speaking. "This is the Demon Slayer headquarters. And you're about to be put on trial, Tanjiro Kamado." His eyes widened. "Before we start the trial, why don't we discuss the crime you've comm-"

"There's no need for a trial!" Everyone turned to a guy with hair that looked like flames. "Protecting a demon is a clear violation of the code! We're within our rights to deal with him on our own!" All of this was said with a smile on his face. It didn't look sincere, but it also didn't not look sincere. "We're going to behead him along with the demon!"

"In that case, I'll be glad to decapitate him flamboyantly. I'll show the most flamboyant bloodspray you'll ever see." Tanjiro tilted his head. "Flamboyant...?" The man nodded his head. "I wouldn't use that to describe you." He smiled. "But there is someone that I would call flamboyant."

Almost on queue...

Water Breathing, Eighth Form: Waterfall Basin

You came crashing in from the sky. "Sorry I'm late!" The Kakushi's eyes widened. "Y-you just spok-" "Don't worry about it." Shinobu said. "Good morning, Y/N." You bowed. "Good morning." Uzui crossed his arms. "In what situation would you make such an entrance?" You grinned. "A flamboyant one."

Your eyes travelled to the ground, where Tanjiro was lying on his side with his hands tied behind his back. "Y-Y/N..!" You looked at Giyuu, who wasn't particularly engaging himself in this. "Gi-chan?" The Kakushi's eyes widened in horror as you walked over to Giyuu. "W-what..." Giyuu looked at the Kakushi, then at you.

"They're planning on beheading Tanjiro and Nezuko." Your eyes widened as you looked at the other Hashira. "B-beheading him...? W-wait-!" "We can just put him out of his misery."

Tanjiro was looking around frantically. "Tanjiro." He looked at you. You walked over and helped him sit up. "Are you alright?" You put your hand on his cheek and he winced. Broken jaw... "C-can you listen to his story first? Please?" You looked back at the other Hashiras.

"Forget about that." In the tree was a guy with a serpent rested around his neck. "Oba-kun, please-" "What are we going to do with Tomioka?" Your eyes widened and you looked at Giyuu. What did he do?

"Seeing him without restraints is giving me a headache." He continued. "According to what Kocho told us, he is just as guilty of breaking the Corps rules." Tanjiro nudged his head on your shoulder. "Who's that?" "Iguro Obanai, Serpent Hashira... I'd say don't get on his bad side, but you've been there for a while from what I can tell."