Confession

After finishing your onigiri, you went outside and sat under the cherry blossom tree. Your eyes were still a bit puffy from crying, but for once, that wasn't a bad thing.

"Y/N."

You blinked and looked around. You could've sworn you heard Yushiro, but it was broad daylight.

"Oi, not over there."

You looked up and saw Yushiro sitting among the cherry blossoms, making you jump a little. "Y-Yushiro?! Isn't that dangerous?"

"Of course it is. I literally came here with an umbrella."

With a slight panic, you pulled him down and built a sort of roof over him with your Blood Demon Art. "I told you not to risk yourself!" You gently hit his arm with the back of your hand. "Besides, why—?"

He shoved some flowers in your face. "Just so I don't need to come here again... and because Miss Tamayo was buried there as well."

You took the flowers, your tensed expression softening once you felt the soft petals at your fingertips. "Were these her favourites?"

"She just liked picking them."

Tanjiro sat at the Butterfly Mansion's steps, watching you and Yushiro talk. Obviously, a guy handing a girl flowers is a sight to see if the girl is the person you like.

"Oi, what are you looking at?" Shinazugawa snapped as he walked outside.

"O-Oh, n-nothing, it's really nothing!"

Shinazugawa looked down Tanjiro's line of sight, seeing you talk with Yushiro, a bouquet of flowers in your grasp. That's when he realized.

"You've gotta be kidding." He looked down at Tanjiro, then back at you. "Iguro-san better still be here." And he walked inside.

Sure enough, he was still there, sitting at the counter with Mitsuri and Giyuu.

"So you're telling me..." Obanai began slowly. "That the demon, Yushiro, is here and he gave Y/N flowers... and Tanjiro...?"

Mitsuri put her hand over her mouth. "Let me guess: Tanjiro wanted to be the one giving her flowers?!" Shinazugawa crossed his arms. "Seems like it."

"Excuse us."

They all looked down to see Kiyo, Sumi, and Naho standing together. "Y/N-sama told us that she'd be going to the cemetery today. Perhaps it's because of that."

The three of them popped their heads out the door, seeing that you were walking away with Yushiro, making shade for his every step. You also probably scolding him for coming out during the day.

"Come on." Shinazugawa basically dragged Tanjiro while all of them subtly followed you as quietly as they could.

You couldn't hear them because you were preoccupied with talking with Yushiro, but Yushiro most definitely knew that they were following.

But did he bother telling you? Of course not.

"Y/N." You stopped talking and tilted your head. "Yeah?"

"I heard that multiple demons said you had the 'Demon Disease.' Is that the name of something in particular?"

"Ah..." You looked at the ground, but continued walking. "Well, when I was little, my family was attacked by one of the Upper Moons. Upper Moon One to be specific."

"You mean the one with multiple eyes and a type of breathing technique?"

"Yeah. I was only four at the time, but for some reason he let me survive, instead making me drink his blood." You paused for a minute. "I'm not entirely sure why, but my blood was, in a way, fighting it off. Preventing me from turning into a demon."