Chapter 38: The Visitor

Author's note: So it looks like my evil plan to have you all seduced by Jacob is mostly working >=D muahahaha. This can only end one way people ;) this chapter fits in alongside __highflying's chapter 16.

Jacob Reed: Jesus. I'm sorry Tully.

Tully Huovinen: For?

Jacob Reed: Whatever shit I said at 4am. 

Tully Houvinen: Well don't be. It was the highlight of my day. Maybe even the week if hospital life doesn't drastically improve soon

Jacob Reed: well in that case, I'm glad you were amused haha

Tully Huovinen: how are you feeling today?

Jacob Reed: I just walked into the kitchen and a strange girl was in there already. She gave me toast

Tully stopped to imagine the scene. Jacob was standing there with a surprised look on his pale face as his mess of chocolate hair fell over his eyes. He also happened to be shirtless. She was surprised to feel a vague pang of irritation as her rendition of the toast-girl looked him up and down and raised a suggestive eyebrow.

Tully Huovinen: do you often find strange girls in your kitchen handing out toast?

Jacob Reed: well sometimes but I am fairly sure I climbed in the window alone last night

Tully smirked to herself silently.

Tully Huovinen: Evan?

Jacob Reed: well I hope so, otherwise we seem to have a squatter

Tully Huovinen: is she pretty?

Jacob Reed: that's subjective

Tully Houvinen: sounds like your household is getting all the fun

Jacob Reed: I think I missed the memo. anyway what about you. how are you today?

Tully Huovinen: I got a discharge date

Tully smiled as her phone suddenly started ringing with Jacob's number on the screen.

"Hello?"

"Are you serious?" he exclaimed, "They're letting you go home?"

"In four days time." Tully replied with a grin.

"Wow. That's so fast, Tully. Congratulations, seriously. When I carried you to the helicopter I honestly thought you might already be dead. You were so pale..." he trailed off.

"You carried me?" Tully frowned.

"Yeah. You were out for a long time. When the rescue arrived I was the only one left that could lift you."

"Not sure if that's a thinly veiled humble brag but nonetheless... thank you, I had no idea."

Tully found herself mentally picturing her lifeless body being carried through the wreckage by a sweaty, dishevelled brunette with bright green eyes and had to bite her lip to stop herself from enjoying it.

Jacob chuckled warily. It was still too raw for him to joke about that night.

"So what's the plan today?"

"Nothing." he sighed in relief, "Then tomorrow it's Brand's... funeral."

Tully sighed sadly for him, "I'll keep my phone on standby for 4am then."