Chapter 23: Admitting It

After 11 hours of travelling, Tully, Seb and Britta finally arrived at their hotel in Bahrain. Heikki would already be checked in there somewhere and they'd see him on track for testing, which subsequently marked his last event with Seb before Tully officially took the title off him.

They stood at the reception desk in the hotel lobby, waiting to check in. Britta did all the talking while Tully hung back with Seb, who was still wearing sunglasses and a cap and looking more irritable and tired by the minute.

"Right, here we go." Britta said, juggling 9 room passes. She passed 3 to Seb and 3 to Tully.

"What the hell are all these for?" Tully remarked, making a face at the 3 keys in her hands.

"We keep spares of each other's keys." Britta smiled, "Saves anyone being locked out and we'll both be in and out of Seb's room all week picking up things he forgets to take with him to the track. Won't we, Seb?" the petite German finished, raising an eyebrow at Seb at the end of her sentence as though it was a habit of his that she'd long-suffered.

"What a load of shit." Seb scoffed, though there was a small smile playing across his lips as he turned away and strode towards the elevators.

"Get dressed in your bathroom with the door locked." Britta murmured quietly to Tully as they trailed after him, "He has a habit of bursting into the room unannounced."

Tully laughed and nodded, "Understood."

"What are you saying to her, Britta?" Seb asked suspiciously, pressing the elevator's call button before swivelling around to face the two women.

Britta shook her head innocently, "Just some friendly advice, woman to woman."

"None of your business, is what I think she means." Tully grinned, watching her driver narrow his eyes at them both.

"Sebastian!"

The three of them all looked behind them as a familiar male voice called to them from across the lobby. Tully instantly recognised Christian, the team boss, hurrying over towards them with a friendly smile plastered across his face.

"How are you?" he breathed as he reached them, clasping Seb's shoulder in greeting before turning to Britta and leaning down to kiss her cheek.

"Christian, you haven't met Tully yet." Seb said, gesturing towards the younger blonde.

"Ah, the sister of Heikki we've been hearing all about!" he smiled warmly and offered his hand to her.

"The one and only." she smirked, reaching forward and shaking his hand.

"Good grief you really do look strikingly alike!" Christian commented.

"So I'm told! It's nice to meet you." Tully replied brightly.

The elevator doors opened and Britta lead the way in, followed closely by Tully.

Christian hung back subtly and leaned in towards Seb. "Well if you seem distracted in the garage I think I'll know why." he said mischievously.

Seb sighed exasperatedly and rolled his eyes, suspecting he might have to get used to the teasing from those in the team who hadn't met Tully yet.

He frowned at the floor in thought as they waited for the elevator to climb, rubbing the back of his neck absently. The cloudiness of the situation with Tully was starting to get to him. What were they? How did she really feel? She never gave anything away...

"Sore?"

He looked up at her soft voice. Tully was standing at his side, glancing between his face and the hand he was using to rub his neck. He shrugged slightly, not wanting to lie, but not wanting to pass up any opportunities either...