Chapter 43: Found

Author's note: This chapter runs alongside @__highflying's chapters 22.

"Good morning beautiful."

Tully snuggled even deeper into Jacob's blanket cocoon. "Hi." she whispered, placing a feather-light kiss against his throat.

"Sleep okay?"

"Mmm..." she breathed in his addictive scent - a mixture of his shampoo and aftershave. Or something like that. She'd never met someone quite like Jacob before, someone she felt like she needed to constantly be touching, holding, kissing. She was so used to being... well, not that kind of girl.

But then, he seemed to thrive on it just as much as she did.

"Evan's going to his parent's place tonight, so we have the apartment to ourselves." he murmured seductively.

"I can come out of the bedroom?" Tully teased, leaning back enough to meet his beautiful green eyes.

"Yes!" he declared with a grin.

"Maybe I like it just fine in your room and never want to leave." she said, tucking her head back under his chin.

"I'm fine with that too." he sighed contentedly, stroking her cheek.

---

Later that evening, after Jacob had declared Evan had left for the night and it was safe to come out, Tully found herself watching Jacob cook dinner... shirtless. His low-rise track pants looked like they were about to fall off at any moment but they just never quite did.

Her eyes were glued to his every move and she sighed, exasperated at herself. Why are you so obsessed with him? You're never like this.

He eventually served her with a surprisingly impressive roast meal. Chicken, potato, steamed vegetables, the works. It was delicious.

"So you're disgracefully gorgeous, and you can cook?" Tully asked as she flopped back on the couch with a full, contented stomach.

Jacob smiled bashfully as he took the plates back into the kitchen before reappearing and sitting on the edge of the couch in front of her.

"No." Tully suddenly protested, sitting up, "You cooked for me. Now I owe you one of my skills."

Jacob raised an amused eyebrow as he watched her smirk back at him, "And what's that?"

"Lay on your stomach." she said simply, patting the couch.

Ten minutes later, Jacob felt like he was going to literally melt into a liquefied substance as Tully sat across his lower back, running her hands across his shoulders, back, arms, neck...

"Fuck." he moaned in gratitude as she kneaded the muscles between his shoulder blades, "You are amazing at this."

Tully smiled in satisfaction and leaned over, trailing kisses down the back of his neck and all the way down his spine, relishing his muffled groaning and subtle shudders at every touch.

This will turn him on for sure, it always used to...

Her eyes went wide as she stared at the opposite wall in shock. The thought faded as quickly as it had manifested but the feeling of unease remained. What the fuck was that about?

She felt her throat constrict with panic but quickly pushed it out of her mind. You're in denial, a nasty little voice at the back of her mind hissed. You know exactly who you were about to think of.

She let out a long breath and focused on Jacob's shoulders. They were beautiful, much like the rest of him. Beautiful enough to be an excellent distraction.