Chapter 26: Mine

Author's note: So I just realised I started Lifeline over 2 months ago. Hoooly shit. I am so bloody sorry I've been stringing you all along for that long.

This chapter goes alongside __highflying's Chapter 3. Link in comments.

Tully drove Britta and Heikki back to the hotel later that day after the session ended. Seb was still at the track going over his data for the day. He'd catch a ride with one of the engineers later on.

Soon after she arrived back, she let herself into Seb's room and began preparing dinner for him. She left it in the fridge with a note of how to heat it before letting herself back out and returning to her room.

She stood in the living area, finally deciding on a late swim to get the lingering smell of fuel off her skin. After grabbing a towel, she headed back into the hallway, reading her phone absently as she waited for the lift. She looked up as the doors opened to find a surprised-looking Seb staring back at her.

"Oh hey, you're back." she smiled, locking her phone and stashing it inside her towel.

"Where are you going?" he asked curiously.

"Swim." she replied with a shrug, "I've left some food for you. I'll knock on your door in say, an hour? Then I'll check you over?"

"I'm coming with you." he replied, ignoring everything she just said.

"Seb." Tully chuckled, pushing her palm against his chest gently, "No. You need to go and eat, like now. Seriously. I'll see you soon."

She laughed quietly at the unimpressed look on his face before stepping into the elevator, "Eat, Seb." she reiterated one last time before the doors closed.

---

Tully sighed as she lowered herself into the dark water. The pool was theoretically "closed" and as such, completely empty and devoid of lights, the only source coming from the city through the windows. She submerged herself under the water, letting her mind go blank in the muffled silence of the water.

It didn't take long for her thoughts to return to her driver, who was hopefully at this moment working out how to use the oven. She wondered if she'd sleep in his bed again tonight, suddenly realising just how eager she was to curl up against him. She came up for air and pushed her hair off her face, gazing out the window.

A few minutes later, the sound of the main door opening reached her ears and she looked across the pool warily. She heard the door close again and quiet footsteps move across the tiles. Her eyes flickered as they caught sight of a shadow at the other end of the pool and heard the quiet splash as they slipped into the water.

After that, there was nothing. Tully frowned, backing into the corner and scanning the dark room for any further sign of them, but there was only silence.

She hesitated, wondering if she should just leave. She didn't want to be there if someone else was in the room anyway.

She suddenly tossed in fright and let out a stifled gasp as something grabbed her ankle below the surface. A second later, a body surfaced in front of her, laughing at themselves delightedly.

"Sebastian! I almost had a fucking heart attack." Tully gasped, placing her hand over her chest and trying to calm her breathing, "You didn't eat at all did you?!" she continued, jabbing his chest.

"I did! I finished the whole thing." he exclaimed innocently.

"How did you heat it up then?" she asked dubiously.