Chapter 5: Fighting

Tully, Heikki, Britta and Sebastian spent several hours sitting around the lounge room chatting and completing their various tasks. Hayley didn't show her face again at all, which Tully found strange. Didn't Hayley want to get to know her at all?

The only thing worrying Tully at this point was that Hayley would step in and cut her chances of landing the job, simply because she hadn't liked the look of her. Britta and Sebastian were the exact opposite, with both of them seeming open and friendly from the moment she met them.

At 3pm, Sebastian had had enough of autographing and Heikki & Tully had decided to head off for the day. They were scheduled to be back the next day at 8am for another session.

Sebastian wandered back into the lounge room after seeing them off, immediately noticing Britta giving him a funny look as he made his way back to his seat.

"What?" he said, not able to stop a smile creeping across his face.

"Does it even matter what I say?" Britta laughed.

"Of course it does!" he replied, "I want your honest first impression."

"Ugh, you're like two peas in a pod!" she grinned.

"Is that a good thing?" Sebastian asked wryly.

"Yes! And oh! They look very alike don't they? I couldn't stop staring!" Britta giggled.

"So you'd be happy to work with her?" Sebastian asked.

Britta waved her hand in the air dismissively, "Absolutely."

Sebastian smiled momentarily before sitting down, "One obstacle to go then."

"Hayley not a fan?"

Sebastian shook his head, "It's not so much Tully personally, more-so that she's a female I think."

Britta nodded slowly, "Well, that's one thing I can't help you with."

Sebastian sighed, "I know. Where the hell is Hayley anyway?"

Britta shrugged, "I thought she must be out?"

Sebastian growled under his breath, "No, she's here." Could Hayley not have put one second into giving this a chance?

"Well that's my cue to leave if you're going to have a shouting match." Britta joked half-heartedly.

Sebastian groaned and rubbed the bridge of his nose, "Alright, I'll see you later yeah?"

"Yes." Britta smiled, collecting her things up and offering him a one-armed hug on her way towards the door. "Be nice." she said, staring at Sebastian pointedly before slipping out the front door.

Sebastian sighed and headed towards the stairs. He quickly climbed up to the second floor landing, making a direct line for their bedroom.

"Hay?"

He peered around the door to see her sitting up on the bed, reading from a laptop leaning on her knees. She looked up at him, but didn't speak.

"Why didn't you come down?" he asked tentatively.

Hayley shrugged and looked back down at the laptop.

"Talk to me." he urged, trying to hide the annoyance in his tone.

"What's the point?" she finally snapped.

"The point would be for you to get to know Tully." he replied with a frown.

"I don't need to know her because I don't want you to hire her." Hayley said simply, adding a smile on to the end as though that was the end of the discussion.