Chapter 45: Reintroduction

A/N: Super long chapter that covers quite a large time-span. You'll have to forgive it if it seems weird in places. Just really want to get it published and not let it get too boring or slow. Hope you enjoy.

A lot of things happened during the first four weeks immediately following Tully's return to Finland.

Firstly, Heikki was re-contracted as Sebastian's trainer for the remainder of the year, or until Tully could resume her duties, whichever came first. If the latter ever happened at all.

Tully was readmitted to hospital for closer observation after one too many blackouts caused one too many bodily injuries.

After a couple of weeks, Tully was finally released to go back home where Heikki and her parents took charge of her.

But nothing was simple anymore.

Heikki spent his weeks commuting between Finland and Switzerland, spending weekdays with Sebastian, rehabilitating the driver back to his pre-crash condition. On weekends, he flew back home to help his parents with Tully. It was stressful, and a strain. He hadn't seen his girlfriend in weeks. It was one such Saturday evening when he found himself sitting alone in the kitchen, working out nutrition plans for the following week, when he heard the distinct sound of shattering glass.

"Heikki!"

Heikki shoved his chair back from the kitchen table and stood up quickly at his mother's urgent shouting.

"Heikki! Hurry!"

He sprinted through the house to the staircase and took it three at a time before bolting down the hallway towards all the noise.

As he flung himself through Tully's bedroom door his eyes darted around the room wildly, first landing on the trail of blood across the carpet before landing on his sister.

"What happened?" he demanded, taking a hesitant step towards Tully as she stared back at him darkly.

"She just snapped!" their mother wailed, trembling as she took a step backwards.

"If you will never leave me alone, that's what will happen." Tully seethed back at her mother dangerously.

"Enough!" Heikki snapped, "Why is there blood?"

"The, the window..." Aiti whispered, gasping as she broke into tears.

Heikki glanced across to see the remaining shards of the window pain before his eyes glanced down at his sister's bloodied fist.

"This can't go on." Aiti sobbed, "Why is she so angry?"

"I'm right here you know." Tully barked, subconsciously cupping her injured hand, annoying herself further by emitting a soft whimper at the sting of it. She didn't know why she'd smashed the window, her mother just knew how to get on her nerves. And yet, she knew all her mother wanted was for her to be better again... happy... not broken. The guilt only dragged her mood further down.

"I think it is time we talked about plan B." Heikki muttered, casting his mother a sideways glance.

Aiti nodded once, casting her eyes down and cowering away from Tully further.

"Plan B?" Tully shot back, "What might that be? Have me admitted again? Send me away to be someone else's problem?"

"No." Heikki replied curtly, taking a deep breath as he turned and ushered their mother from the room before shutting the door.

"Sit down, please." he added quietly, stepping back into the middle of the room and gesturing towards Tully's bed.

Oddly, Tully complied without further argument.