Chapter 4: Bonding

Hayley swiftly left the room after that thoroughly uncomfortable conversation. Tully inconspicuously watched Sebastian leaning against the bench, lost in thought as his eyes followed Hayley out of the room before casting down to the floor. What did that look mean... disappointment?

Tully glanced back at Heikki who caught her eye and sighed quietly.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" Tully suddenly asked, eyeing her brother.

"What?" he stammered, failing to hold her gaze.

"Aiti thinks you do. But you're not telling us. Why?" she interrogated him ruthlessly. One Finnish habit Tully had never lost was to refer to their parents as Aiti (Mother) and Isa (Father).

"Where the hell did this come from?" Heikki exclaimed.

"I called Aiti last night, she tasked me with uncovering the truth. Now spit it out." Tully replied mischievously. Lie. She hadn't spoken to her mother in 2 weeks, but this would hopefully lighten the mood in the room. For whatever reason, her brother had always been a recluse with the details of his relationships. It was an easy subject to torture him over.

Heikki narrowed his eyes at his sister. She smirked before glancing up at Sebastian, only to find him watching them with a grin on his face. Improve Sebastian's Mood: Check.

"Well?" she prompted, looking back at Heikki and tapping a finger on the table impatiently.

"No, I don't." he responded firmly.

"Liar." she hissed.

"If I tell you, you'll tell Aiti, and then she won't leave me alone until she can meet the girl and scar her for life." Heikki argued, throwing his hands up in the air.

"So there is a girl!" Tully squeaked before turning to Sebastian, "What's she like?"

"Hey, no, hang on-" Heikki protested before being cut off.

"He met her at work." Sebastian said. His eyes were glinting playfully now.

Tully feigned a shocked gasp and looked back at Heikki, "Where have you found the time to be luring girls when you're supposed to be doing your job?"

"He manages somehow." Sebastian added with a sly laugh.

"What's her name then?" Tully demanded, reaching forward to grab her brother's hands, "I promise not to tell Aiti."

Heikki set his jaw stubbornly and shook his head.

"She's a mechanic." Sebastian said innocently, now gazing up at the ceiling.

Tully gasped and released Heikki's hands before swivelling in her seat to face Sebastian properly. "You are far more forthcoming. Please, continue." she gestured.

"No." Heikki whined petulantly.

"She's a brunette." the German continued airily.

"How long has he been with her?" Tully urged Sebastian for more details.

"They got together..." Sebastian stopped to think for a moment, "Maybe 2 months ago. God, it was painful. They took forever."

Tully raised an eyebrow at Heikki and grinned, "2 months. That's like marriage for you!"

Heikki sniggered and rolled his eyes.

"She's based at the factory in Milton Keynes." Sebastian added casually, pushing off the bench and walking over towards them at the breakfast table. He approached Tully's side of the booth this time and gestured for her to scoot over. She did so and he slipped into the seat beside her.