Chapter 42: Cracks

Author's note: This chapter runs alongside @__highflying's chapters 20 + 21.

It was when his hand accidentally brushed across her thigh that his hesitation finally met the true death.

"Jacob... please..." Tully whispered as she moved down to kiss his throat.

He felt his heart beating frantically as he ran his hands up her thighs, purposefully this time, until they reached the hem of her dress and kept going, taking the material with them.

Tully reached to move her hair aside, allowing him to undo the zip down the back of her dress. He watched as she climbed off the side of the bed and let it slip from her body into a pool of material at her feet. Mesmerised, he watched her slip her underwear down her thighs before she simply stood there, gazing down at him.

"Come here." he whispered, reaching a hand out to her.

She took it gently and let him pull her into his chest, kissing her fiercely as he felt her hands working the button of his jeans.

Tully felt a strange mixture of excitement and tranquility as Jacob climbed on top of her and kissed her neck, pressing himself between her legs. She took the opportunity to pull his shirt over his head and toss it to the floor carelessly, adding it to the mounting pile of clothing spread across his room.

"Why did you remember me?" he whispered against her ear as she ran her hands down to his hips, urging him to give in.

"Maybe it's because your face is unforgettable." she murmured, delighted to find his lips back on hers.

"This feels so right." his breathing became ragged as Tully's fingers dug into his hips, silently begging him.

She gasped something unintelligible as he finally gave in, sinking himself into her and shivering as waves of pent-up lust coursed through his veins.

He tried not to think. Because if he did, he'd be bombarded with a horrible reality check. So this is what it felt like to be Seb, at least, what it used to feel like to be Seb. How did he end up in this place? What kind of monster was he? Sebastian was a friend. But there he was, buried inside the driver's injured girlfriend while she was confused and vulnerable. So messed up. But memories or not, it felt so right, and damn she knew what she was doing. A guy could really get used to this.

---

Jacob stirred as he heard the apartment door slam shut and the TV turn on out in the sitting room. He took a deep breath, loving how tightly Tully was wrapped against his body as she dozed on his shoulder. He dipped in and out of consciousness, stroking her thigh lazily as it rested across his hips.

"Seb, someone's here." Tully muttered sleepily into the crook of his neck.

Jacob frowned to himself as he drifted back to reality. What did she just say?

"Jake you home?"

Jacob's heart bolted into fifth gear as Evan's voice filtered through the door, sounding dangerously close by.

"Yeah." he called back, clearing his throat and trying not to sound half asleep. He felt Tully stretch as his voice woke her properly.

"Is he going to come in here?" she asked groggily.

"Shouldn't do." Jacob replied quietly, kissing her forehead. He let his hand trail a little further down her thigh, thinking how easy it would be to slightly adjust his angle, push himself back inside her and be rewarded with the sound of her gasping his name again. When did he become so sex-starved anyway? It was like he couldn't think of anything else for the past two days straight. Either sex, or guilt. Occasionally food.