Chapter 24: Tease

Author's Note: Lifeline is a collaboration of two stories written by two different authors. Both stories are set in the same universe, following the same events. My side of the story follows Sebastian Vettel, while @__highflying's side follows Daniel Ricciardo. This chapter runs alongside @__highlfying's Lifeline 'Chapter 2: Diving In'. The link to her chapter is in the comments.

Tully woke up at quarter past 7 the next morning. She lay there silently, taking a few minutes to enjoy the feeling of being cuddled up and alone with Seb. Today would be busy. Their first day of testing and Tully's first time working with Seb on track.

She savoured the moment of peaceful silence, with her head tucked against his neck, watching his chest rise and fall as he breathed.

With a yawn, she reached over to the bedside table and picked up her phone to send a message to Britta.

"Can we meet in Seb's room? Then I can prep his meals at same time."

"Good idea, be there in ten."

"No..." Seb grizzled as Tully began the process of extracting herself from his arms. She giggled quietly, feeling warm and... appreciated. Without much of a thought, she lay on top of him and re-wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly, "I'll be back in an hour to wake you."

"Can't you stay here?" he mumbled, kissing her hair contentedly.

"No. Not unless you want to starve today."

"Eh." he shrugged lazily.

Still, he gave up, releasing her reluctantly and letting his arms fall away. Tully smiled down at him, pushing his hair back off his face subconsciously before tearing herself away and walking out into the living room.

Seb smiled to himself as he watched her leave the room. Affectionate Tully was definitely back. After their talk the night before, that could only mean good things.

Exactly ten minutes later, Britta let herself into Seb's hotel room and took a seat on the other side of the kitchen counter to Tully.

"Good morning!" she breathed, laying out her diary and booting up a MacBook.

"Sleep well?" Tully asked cheerfully.

"Not bad, did you think your bed was a little hard?" she asked, frowning slightly and nursing her shoulder.

Tully shrugged guiltily. She hadn't used her bed. Britta was quick to pick up on her expression.

"Did you sleep in his room last night?" Britta asked with a smirk.

Tully raised an eyebrow, "What makes you ask that?"

"Just a hunch." she replied knowingly.

"Yes, I did." Tully admitted sheepishly.

"How far have things... progressed?" Britta asked.

"I have not slept with him if that's what you're getting at." Tully laughed, trying to keep her voice hushed.

"Kissed him?"

"No!" Tully exclaimed, turning away from her and pretending to get something out of the fridge.

"Why not?" Britta demanded.

"Because shut up, that's why not." Tully muttered, biting her lip as she came back to the counter.

"He looked so happy on the plane yesterday, I noticed right away." Britta gushed.

"Stop." Tully whined.