Chapter 12: The Incident

Tully watched as Seb took a moment to rub his forehead in procrastination before replying.

"Evan, this is Tully. She's taking over from Heikki this year."

"Good trade-in." Evan smirked, taking a seat next to Heikki.

Heikki rolled his eyes as Evan made himself comfortable, briefly invading Heikki's personal space in the process.

"So you're the famous Evan." Tully said, examining his features. Messy blonde locks that looked like they couldn't have been more perfectly out of place if he'd had a hair and makeup crew following him around. Bright, cunning blue eyes. A mischievous smile. Check, check and check.

Evan laughed and looked around the table, "So which one of you is dishing out disclaimers about me to the newbies?"

"Pretty much everyone." she grinned, watching him narrow his eyes at Seb in particular.

"So did you come all this way to try and get me dumped?" Heikki asked his sister with a defeated sigh.

"Not exclusively." Tully replied, reaching over the table and stealing a piece of chicken from his salad.

Seb watched as the taste of food seemed to remind her that they hadn't eaten yet.

"Are you hungry?" she suddenly asked, turning to him and leaving Heikki's question hanging.

"I'm always hungry." he shrugged .

"Aren't you supposed to be doing something about this?" Tully said, turning back to her brother and gesturing towards Seb.

"He can feed himself when we're at the factory." Heikki scoffed.

"Now there's an enviable work ethic." she replied sarcastically, pushing her seat back and standing up, "Is the food good here?"

"It's better in town." Seb said, following suit and standing up too, "Come on, I'll drive."

"Before you disappear, what are your actual plans?" Heikki asked, looking between Tully and Seb.

"I've got a uniform fitting this afternoon and I have to sign in for a security pass." Tully replied.

Seb nodded in agreement, "She'll be a couple of hours doing all that while I'm in the sim."

"So what am I supposed to do?" Heikki asked.

Seb smirked at him, "Like you were planning on doing much today that you're not already doing."

"That statement works on so many levels." Evan said absent-mindedly, causing a brief pause in the conversation.

"Can you slap him?" Casey asked earnestly, gazing up at Heikki with a raised eyebrow.

"Right. Too much information for me." Tully exclaimed, raising her hands into the air before walking away towards the exit.

"I'll see you back at the apartment tonight?" Seb asked quickly, catching Heikki's eyes.

The Finn nodded, "Yeah. I need to drop off some gear then I'm gonna' go stay with Case tonight. Are you taking Tully back with you after work or am I?

"I will." Seb answered. Evan snorted to himself but kept his mouth shut.

"Alright, then I'll see you guys later on." Heikki replied, immediately turning his attention back to Casey and grinning as she murmured something in his ear.

Seb hurried over to catch up with Tully, pulling his keys from his pocket as he went.

---

Tully and Seb made it into town and back within an hour before finding themselves back in the long hallways of the factory. He lead her to a bright, open office on the corner of the building. There were two wooden desks each facing a different window.