Asian Vendor

She was still running. Scarlett felt like her legs were being controlled by those muscles which control her heart;
Involuntary.
She wanted something that could stop her. And that 'something' was a helium balloon, hanging invisibly in the air. It could stop her muscles creeping into places she didn't want to. A wave of pleasure drenched into her until a little girl with a thousand beautiful curls, got hold of it.

Scarlett strode her way through the park. A seventeen-year-old among those kids, looked like a walking tower. The morning fog coated her vision. Joggers swooped their way and few men and women keenly twirled and raised their body doing yogic exercises

She bought a blue helium balloon from the Asian seller.
Let free of its hold, Scarlett, watched it ascend higher and farther until it became one among the mosaic blue skies.

Scarlett sank on her knees.

"All good kid? Having a rough day, huh?"

Scarlett looked up. She lifted one of her eyebrows. 'Who even cares about me'? She thought. It was that man, selling the balloons; his bent spine inclined towards her.

"Yes," she rolled her eyes.

"No, I am not. My heart aches thinking about that helium balloon's destiny. Won't it burst any second? Don't you sell burst-proof balloons?" was what she intended to answer him.

"You from around here? Aren't you supposed to be at school?"Enquired the man filling another balloon.

"A couple of blocks away. I decide if I want to go to school or if I want to wander in the streets," Saying this Scarlett took the way home.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Somewhere in the East.
*2 days ago

"What's the opposite of gun," asked Zaara to her brother.

"- wherever you point it to" answered Zen with a smirk on his face.

Zaara wasn't impressed, " oh, so you've
already read his poem. When do you even read books?"She snapped.

"I wonder who wrote Romeo and Juliet," said Zen, who sprang up from the sofa when his phone rang. Leaping the stairs, he was up in his room. It isn't very safe to pick up calls around his kid sister. Especially when he has friends like veualla, who always had cops behind her.

He finished talking on the phone.
"Man! If it weren't for these reminder calls, my hair and beard would grow long enough to make a swing for a third-grader" Zen thought.

Fact 1: men's facial hair grows 0.3 and 0.5 mm every 24 hrs.

For Zen, the growth rate is probably a bit higher.

The warmth of his Woody cologne filled his SUV. Zen was off to the salon.

The hairdresser shaped and oiled his grizzly hair into perfection. Those sleek strands of hair lay aside. His beard was shaved clean.

"Got a date?" Asked the cashier as Zen swiped his card.

"No date, but I got brown parents" Zen sneered at him.

As he walked out, Zen had a thought in his brain:
"how much he despised that cashier's smile."
For him, the smile was too wide to be real.

❥๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑❥

ˏˋ Hey lovelies 'ˎ˗

How was the chapter?
Leave a genuine comment and don't forget to support me by voting:-)
It's amazing that you took your time to read my book.��
***The poem mentioned by Zaara is "Opposite Game" by Brendan Constantine.