Durable for a lifetime

Trigger warning: self-harm is dealt with in this chapter!

Scarlett slept. Sleep was her anesthesia . Sleep alone could kill the pain that dances in her soul!

The morning was lovely for the people thriving outside this little ship. Scarlett fiddled with her hair. She curled her body In a corner. So many thoughts flooded her brain, "I am the fire? Do I control how much I burn? Did Ayden bring out my fire!" she reckoned on Zen's words. Her thoughts rummaged to the day she was kidnapped. That painting on the wall, she was finally understanding it. There would be light if the fire was blown off! So why not attempt that? Extinguish what she thought to be her fire. Perhaps darkness will wither just like the area above and below the parallel lines. she wanted to ask Zen about the painting. It was too late!

Exactly one day before the gruesome death of Ayden, Scarlett and he had gone to watch a football game. The captain of one of the teams was Ayden's homie. Although Scarlett wasn't ready to go along with him, he had to practically drag her into the car with him. Once they were in the arena, Scarlett thanked him as she got to meet her friend, Anna, who had happened to come there to watch her boyfriend playing. She was a special one to Scarlett. Anna, when she saw Scarlett panicking at art class, her physique in response was twitching, she immediately sat beside her. Anna gave her a huge hug which Scarlett will remember her entire life. It was unusual to see a stranger come forth to aid her at her weakest.

They had arrived for the game early.
All of a sudden, Ayden raised a question, "Would you ever tattoo my name, given the circumstances?"

"Of course not, I will regret it the next minute." Scarlett was always this way; brutally honest.

The game commenced.

Scarlett cheered for the team playing opposite to Jade's, Ayden's friend. She always did things contrary to Ayden. That's perhaps an important element that attracted Ayden.

The audience rose and collapsed from their seats; they blow life into any match and animate it! The players ran faster than the human eye could capture.

Through the dynamic cheer and successive 'boos' and 'hurray' Ayden howled, "ARLE!"

Scarlett turned her head at him.

"Shall we keep a bet?!" His soundbox was at the highest volume.
Front Dodgers, basically Scarlett's team scored a goal. A Hurricane of screams swiped the stadium and the energetic explosions of claps reverberated in the air.

"Huh?" Scarlett heard nothing of Ayden, Everything of the crowd. He repeated himself. Scarlett unveiled her provocative smile. "So, you mean I will have to tattoo your name if Jade's team win?" She was hesitant, hence kept silent. Nevertheless, somewhere inside she wanted to agree, hoping for Front Dodgers victory and see her name forever on him.

The crowd got calmer. There were no goals scored by either of the teams for another 15  minutes. After that did the competition begin. Jade's team scored serial goals. The last goal was spectacular! The ball trekked all over Jade; his head, shoulder, knees, feet and finally the goal post. Half of the crowd rejoiced while the other half bent their heads in doom! Scarlet including.

"So, we going to get you a tattoo...?" Ayden bent close to her, invading her territory, leaving no room to breathe.

"No. Not your name." She smirked inhaling the puff of air he left.
Ayden didn't insist on understanding her family and beliefs.
On the drive back home Ayden held her pale hand, "Arle, I discovered myself in you. I yearn to see you blossom from the delicate bud you are. If I ever lose you, I will be camouflaged to the dust on the earth. I love you; you alone.”
Their lips united in a steady rhythm; they kissed like it was their last time.

The next day, the worst thing transpired! Scarlett's world broke into pieces. After hearing the death news, Scarlett, using the nearest sharp tool, started carving his name on her wrist. This needle surpassed the epidermis, dermis; entering the bloodstream. A tattoo for a lifetime. A tattoo, more bitter
than an inked one. The ink wasn't injected, but was spilt out; red. No wonder why Zen addressed her 'Scar'. It's too apparent not to notice; A half-carved 'A'.

Scarlett peered out, to witness a huge landmass. Something that is no longer wet, somewhere you can walk and never drown into the mouths of the hungry sharks. She saw concrete buildings floating towards her. She saw mankind through a different spectrum.

               ===========••••••••••••••============
A/N:
Hey lubs!!!!
This chapter, of course, was overwhelming to write.
I know it's sad. Where do you think they are going? Will she ever meet Zen?
Take care xoxo❤