burnt past

She turned around facing zen.
"What do you want me to tell? Ask me questions, and I will try producing you with answers."She took a long breath, " I don't know where to begin with."

"The reason for your burnt past?" He was absolutely curious.

"Well, I fabricated it I guess. It's not that bad. I grew up with no friends or siblings or father, barely had my mother. It was my boyfriend Ayden and me. He was with me through all my days. I just...I don't know I got close with him probably because I finally found a human that loved me. He had me always at his side. And one day I lost him forever in the mass shooting at the central park. It was unbearable for a little heart like mine. I went to school because I knew he would be there forgetting the fact that I might be bullied. He kept me going. He lit my life when he was alive and let it burn fatally after his death..."
Her nerves were shaking under her paper-thin skin. She radiated fury and love.

"When did he die?" He was hesitant.

"It's been over a month."

His hand engulfed her little body, hugging her, he whispered into her ear through her ruffled hair, "Remember, you are that fire, not the candle he lit. You control how much you burn!"

She pulled out.

"Enough of me. I always make the air sad. I'm sorry about that. Now, tell me more about you."

"First of all, it's a great thing that you dare to face reality instead of running away so, no sorry or whatever.
About me...rough, carefree human. A rebel at school, straight F's on my paper, always high on chai, shame to the family according to my dad, overloaded with friends, played every girl I came across. I had the life of every average teenager a week before. Fed on my parents' fortune. Bad brother to my sister Zaara. It was all fun and wild.... Ahhh..one more, insomniac. Yes, this is me."

"You are a lot! It was too much information all at once."

"Well, you know me now."

"I feel like you are more than this!"

"Discover yourself," Zen said with his signature eyebrow rise. Left one.

Scarlett sighed softly. She was digesting all that she heard and said past minutes.

The guards and the men in charge were suspicious of Zen and Scarlett from the very beginning. In a circumstance like this, they never expect their victims to get too comfortable with each other. The chuckles from the stinking cabin were forbidden. They smelt happiness and despised it. Those filthy dogs loved their job.

The guards unlocked the cabin. They took hold of Scarlett, crossed her arms behind her back. All the while she stared at Zen with an unexplained terror. Her gaze shifted from his puffed chest to his eyes. Her eyes filled up. "Zen!" She gasped. "Shut up!" The man thrust her forward, closing the door completely. She clenched her jaw. Her anger knew no bounds. She screamed, tears flooded. She jolted her body as hard as she could. All attention was drawn to her. She fell to the ground. Her roaring mixed with her tears. They certainly thought that she wasn't in her right mind.

It was decided that she will be kept in a separate cabin, confined with security for a better environment for the working staff. Staff. Translates to humans with no heart. Knives.

Scarlett ended up in a small cabin. Luckily it wasn't stinking too much. The ventilation was wider which implies the view was wider too. She sat there facing the huge opening.

Scarlett thought about how she could control herself when she was freaking kidnapped and how she held back from bursting out even when sharing the traumas of her life. She contained her emotions every single time but the second she realised that she was going to be torn apart from Zen, she could not hold it back anymore. She went wild. Wailing with anger. Perhaps it was everything she gathered, revealed at once or maybe not.
The impact he had on her, amused her.

Scarlett was sure by now that she will never meet him again. Not when these people consider her to be a madwoman.
Her little faith in her escapade condensed into the depths she could never reach.

As the sun slid completely below those mountains, she missed his Woody cologne!

.━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━.
A/N:
If you liked the chapter, leave a vote behind.
Waiting for all your feedback.
Stay safe.
Love from Gloria!!!