✿Chapter 3: The Coronation✿

"So, uh, Rapunzel, ready for the big day?" Your mother said, slightly confused yet supportive. You took a glance at your older sister, a white wig sat upon her head. You assumed that it was there to hide the fact that her 70 feet of hair had grown back. Cassandra told you they had it covered, this was not covered.

Rapunzel nodded carefully, trying to keep her hair from falling, "You bet. Already into the princess spirit. The bigger the wig, the better the princess, right?" You mentally facepalmed, she wasn't good at hiding things, "So, Dad, Mom said you wanted to talk?"

Your mom and dad shared a look, "Yes, Rapunzel, last night your mother and I had a discussion." the king sighed, causing your eyes to widen. Did they know you and Rapunzel snuck out? Your father stood up from his seat, "I know that I'm not always able to separate the man from the king, and separating the father from the king has proven even more difficult." He paused, placing his hand on the railing of the pavilion and turning to look back at both you and Rapunzel, "Sweetheart," He seemed to be speaking directly to Rapunzel so you decided to pick at your food, "I know this new life is hard to get used to... and I'm sure that sometimes you with I would get out of your hair."

Rapunzel started coughing, most likely food went down the wrong way when she heard him talk about hair, "Oh, sorry. It's a little dry out here. Anyone else dry?" She asked, glancing at you. You shook your head, trying to get her back on topic, thankfully neither of your parents noticed the little exchange the two of you had.

"Rapunzel, you're going to be queen someday," The king kneeled next to Rapunzel. You looked down at your food, feeling your appetite leave you. You were feeling unwell, a wave of nausea washed over you. Saliva welled up in your mouth, you felt like you were about to vomit. Closing your eyes you tried to rid yourself of the feeling, you were hot and cold, nauseous, and your hands felt clammy. You knew for sure that you didn't feel like this last night, "a great queen with a magnificent kingdom. But you know better than anyone else what a dangerous and evil place the world can be. The barrier keeping us safe from that is sometimes more fragile than it appears. When that evil rears its ugly head, it is my job to protect Corona from it." The nauseous feeling in your stomach slowly faded, but the hot and cold never left. You could feel yourself starting to sweat, "And one day, that will be your responsibility, I must teach you how to carry it. But that is many, many years away. Until that burden is imposed on you I'm asking that you trust me. That I know how to keep danger as far away from you and this kingdom as is humanly possible." He paused looking up at the woman in front of him, "Do you understand?" He asked, "It wasn't until last night that I realized that my methods may have, at times, seemed strict or unfair or..."

"Does this mean I can have more time to myself without having half the royal guard over my shoulder?" Rapunzel turned to glance at you.

Your father pointedly looked at her, "Well, this means I'm willing to reconsider those methods. But I make no promises." He said, slightly nervous.

"I can work with that!" Rapunzel smiled, she gave your father a quick kiss on the cheek causing some of her hair to fall out of the wig. Your father felt it on his nose, causing it to itch. He backed up, opening his eyes and seeing Rapunzel fixing her wig but not seeing her newly regrown blond hair, "Well, I should go. I have a lot of princess-ing up to do." She said, getting up from her seat and walking off the pavilion. You watched as she struggled to hold her balance walking back towards the castle.

Your father turned towards your mother, "You're right, Arianna. Teenagers are a whole new frontier."

The food on your plate didn't look appetizing anymore. You felt so sick that you could hardly even look at your food.

"(Y/N), dear. Are you feeling alright?" Your mother asked, "You've hardly touched your bacon." You looked up at the woman, unsure if you should tell her you to feel sick. What if she figured out you went out last night? She wouldn't realize, right? Not just because you were sick.